F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > turning 30 and looking back
proTUNING Freaks

11-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #23
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Felt bad reading that, like I should be more thankful...

I hope you get well soon...

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #24
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

any update OP?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #25
Cecil
Rep
Drives: Honda

Hi Py,
Hope you are following your doctor's instruction and feeling better now. One of the main reason of stroke and other heart issues is obesity as obesity is one of the major factor for heart disease so to lose and stabilize your weight exercise regularly. Exercise will make your heart and lungs strong and helps in soothing stress also.
      11-30-2012, 03:05 AM   #26
///M-Night
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M e93

Sorry to hear that, don't get down, stay strong my friend!
All the best too you
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 05:18 AM   #27
Das_Stig
I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it.
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi
Location: Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic...

hope they figure it out soon, and you should definitely get a second opinion.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #28
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Hey man, I know the feeling. I suffered a cryptogenic stroke at 27 y/o. Nothing is worth stressing over, enough to risk your life. Keep positive and try to be healthy. Best of luck dude!
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #29
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

guys,

I am doing better. If feels like I have more energy now compare to a year ago. With this improvement, I can now enjoy doing things I like a lot more. I must say this again, nothing is more important than your personal health. Eat well, sleep well, exercise regularly, all these still won't guarantee a 100% healthy life, but that's what the best we can do and it will certainly help. I wish everyone be healthy for this year and the years to come, so we can all enjoy things we love.
      02-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #30
08E60535iLCI
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 535i

Start exercising more and more man, take it easy at first and keep going to the gym, even if its just to walk on the treadmil.

Start doing some weights for your upper and lower body too. I am a firm beleiver that exercise will make a person stronger mentally and physically.

I broke 3 vertabrae in my back years ago and the doctors told me Ill never be able to lift anything heavy. Wanted to start me off on meds and therapy.

I was back in the gym 2 months later, and my back is stronger then ever, I am able to pull 400+lbs off the ground easily.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #31
nick1212
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 335i Sport 6MT - Gone soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413 View Post
Last year was probably the worst year of my life, everything went the opposite way than I had hoped. Financially, pretty much all my investments took huge hits, well, except in properties. Physically, I was hit but a heart attack at the age of 29 which was ultra rare. Being non-smoking, non-drinking, non-drugging my whole life, my doctor was also wondering how it happened and yet the answer remains unknown.

The process to recover hasn't been easy, the harshness of my daily medication caused the health of my stomach. 2 most passionate things in my life has always been food and cars. As my health goes down, there are many food I love but had to avoid now. This fact makes me depressed for sure.

Ever since late January this year, I am experiencing some mystery illness. At first, they thought it was related to my heart, due to my history, because the symptoms are somehow similar but different. I felt lightheaded sometimes and my body happens to feel very weak in a sudden. My doctor had sent me to the lab and had many exams which still can't find out the cause of my illness.

A few days ago, at night, my left arm went numb and I was alerted. At a point, I was going to dial 911 for another ER visit but the numbness went away in a couple hours. Next morning, I went to my doctor as their office opened the door; they had me sent to the lab and done blood test, ECG, X-Ray(chest/neck/arm), at the end of the day the result came back and nothing was wrong according to the exams they put me through. I am frustrated as the numbness of my left arm and the weakness feeling keeps come and go. Well, I have to go back to my clinic for a followup visit and see what kind of test they are going to put me through this time. (my blood pressure has been carefully monitored since the heart attack incident and has always be kept at 130/80 range)

This afternoon, while the weather turns incredibly nice, I went for a walk and saw many people who are much older than me out there enjoying their beautiful rides in a sunny afternoon. I just wish that my health will allow me to enjoy that for the years to come. Also, I like to wish the best of everything for my family, my friends, and of course, everyone of you.

Cheers and stay healthy,

Sorry to hear man, keep on going though. You will get past this. Stay Strong. All the best with your recovery.

Previous - 2013 335i Sport Line Sapphire Black 6MT with Premium Package, Extended BT, BMW Assist & Lane Departure Warning System, M Sport Suspension & VSS
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #32
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo
Felt bad reading that, like I should be more thankful...

I hope you get well soon...
Agreed!

Get well buddy! A second opinion and tests. Get hormones, vitamin nutrient, blood cell counts, parasite and rare/ exotic disease tests, check your diet and get an allergy test to!

I'll say a prayer for you bro!!

All the best and keep us updated
Appreciate 0