BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-16-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

DCT adjustment after oil leak repair?

Guys who had the DCT oil leak sorted, curious if you got any insight in adjustments required after the gasket changes?

BMW had my car for two days now and want another 2 days minimum, and then one day for test drive/adjustment.

Checking the M-DCT product description I can only see various test programs possible to run but not any HW or SW nobs what so ever to tune/adjust the box (except for the regular DCT program which is the latest).

Use my car daily so 5 days is becoming an issue. On top always a bit worried over what these dealers are up to and want to double check their every move when possible...

Any insight appreciated - Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #2
Beemdog
Woof!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP LeMans Blue

Garage List
A day for a test drive on a leak repair? Sounds suspiciously like they are waiting for a part to arrive. A repaired gasket leak and new fluid should be good to go with only a 5 minute test drive if they filled it correctly...
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 11:27 PM   #3
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

It depends if they replaced the side gasket or both top and side gaskets.
The entire transmission needs to come out to replace the top gasket. There is a lot of labor hours involved removing and installing that transmission.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 01:51 AM   #4
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Thanks for the input Bimmer, makes sense. Will go off and check what they aim to swop.
And do you by any chance know if there are anything possible to adjust/tune, they claimed need for another day? Checked the DCT description that didn't indicate any nobs to turn other than the regular sw.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #5
BaseM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey M3

Have my 2011 in for it's last service before the warranty runs out and they found a leaking DCT tranny seal. They didn't say which one but said they had to order the seal. Have to wait until Monday afternoon until it's ready.
Does the dealer need to change the fluid for any seal repairs?

I'll keep up to date if they need extra time to "sort it out" before it's ready.
      12-20-2014, 12:58 AM   #6
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Thanks for the input Bimmer, makes sense. Will go off and check what they aim to swop.
And do you by any chance know if there are anything possible to adjust/tune, they claimed need for another day? Checked the DCT description that didn't indicate any nobs to turn other than the regular sw.

Cheers
When they did both of my seals, there was nothing stated about adjusting or tuning the software. Usually unless you state that there is an electrical or SW related issue, the leak and the SW are two unrelated issues. They might update the SW but doubtful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseM3 View Post
Have my 2011 in for it's last service before the warranty runs out and they found a leaking DCT tranny seal. They didn't say which one but said they had to order the seal. Have to wait until Monday afternoon until it's ready.
Does the dealer need to change the fluid for any seal repairs?

I'll keep up to date if they need extra time to "sort it out" before it's ready.
The fluid will need to be drained in order to replace the seals so it will be topped off with fresh fluid. I can't say what the percentage is for DCT's that have just side gasket leaks but have them make sure it's not just the side as there are several with the top gasket leaking (like mine was).

If you don't get both done, you'll be back. Hopefully it won't be after warranty and out of pocket.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2014, 03:38 AM   #7
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Had mine done in a couple of hours from drive in to drive out.
Car drives the same as it did when I picked it up 6 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2014, 04:19 AM   #8
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Had mine done in a couple of hours from drive in to drive out.
Car drives the same as it did when I picked it up 6 years ago.
Wow that was fast mate, even if only sump gasket. Mine been there for a week and counting. But again box had to come down so pretty extensive gig for the guys.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2014, 05:03 AM   #9
Ging
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3

Two things i would do when replacing gasket and oil. level check with scan tool and test drive for leaks and recheck level after. before test drive if oil changed clutch pack 1 and 2 test to reset trans for new fluid. pulling the dct trans is not to different then a normal manual bmw.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2014, 05:55 AM   #10
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ging View Post
Two things i would do when replacing gasket and oil. level check with scan tool and test drive for leaks and recheck level after. before test drive if oil changed clutch pack 1 and 2 test to reset trans for new fluid. pulling the dct trans is not to different then a normal manual bmw.
Thanks Ging, I'd assume the dealer does this but another good thing for me to double check with them....

Customer From Hell
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2014, 03:09 PM   #11
Ging
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3

the dealer should its all apart of the TIS info they follow
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #12
BaseM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
When they did both of my seals, there was nothing stated about adjusting or tuning the software. Usually unless you state that there is an electrical or SW related issue, the leak and the SW are two unrelated issues. They might update the SW but doubtful.

The fluid will need to be drained in order to replace the seals so it will be topped off with fresh fluid. I can't say what the percentage is for DCT's that have just side gasket leaks but have them make sure it's not just the side as there are several with the top gasket leaking (like mine was).

If you don't get both done, you'll be back. Hopefully it won't be after warranty and out of pocket.
It was the pan gasket. According to the invoice the replaced to whole pan. That was delay in getting part. They used 3 liters to top off.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #13
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Interesting they replaced the entire pan and not just the gasket.
Yay for you getting it covered.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 07:35 PM   #14
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

It's a complete kit .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0