F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > First 2022 Regulations F1 car revealed
Studio RSR

02-18-2022, 11:59 AM   #221
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
It's not us getting edgy because of our teams' non reveal
Ferrari has me on edge with their reveal. Italians thinking out of the box is never a good thing. Got caught cheating last time
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60918.00
      02-18-2022, 12:05 PM   #222
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Sounds like a fart can

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60918.00
      02-18-2022, 12:46 PM   #223
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

They have made a spicy engine that can last I’m hearing, Ferrari have made improvements as well.

Season should be cracking, going to take a while before they get grips with them.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2022, 12:55 PM   #224
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
For Mercedes last year, it was trying to tune and configure the best setup between the PU and chassis with the changes.

With the engine being carried over from last year, and being a known constant, the focus is strictly on chassis/aero out the gate. I don't expect Mercedes to take more than half a season to configure the car this season, I expect them to come out pretty strong, get the car to how they want and tweak as the season goes on.

Should be exciting to see how everyone adapts to the new rules/regulations.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 01:04 PM   #225
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

[QUOTE=Killed by Death;28602658]Sounds like a fart can

*Drain pipe exhaust
Appreciate 2
      02-18-2022, 01:51 PM   #226
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Looks pretty good. MUCH better than I anticipated!

My worst fear came to fruition. Ferrari is the most bland car in the entire field

Pretty bad when Italians can't even get the fashion right
This is the render, the real car was only shown during the launch and looked even better imo.

Btw idk why you're so hard, I think the Ferrari looks really good except the curved nose.

Last edited by F87source; 02-18-2022 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 2
irunalot1518.00
      02-18-2022, 01:57 PM   #227
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I don't think that's Mercs real front wing, the only real photos were during the release launch video. And in that video the front wing had crazy flap adjusters all down its length and the tire temp sensors were on the end plates.

Oh and the wing looks pretty high off the ground too in your shake down video.
      02-18-2022, 02:07 PM   #228
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
It's not us getting edgy because of our teams' non reveal
You guys would've tore Mercedes apart of they launched a fake, saying it's on of the demos they bought.

Well this is the only team that launched a demo:

A white redbull, nice. I guess this is what you guys meant by buying multiple demos from the FIA and picking which fake to show and trick their fans? Since you guys talked alot of crap about Merc doing this, this means all that crap you guys were talking is all about redbull huh?
irunalot1518.00
minn1914064.50
      02-18-2022, 02:14 PM   #229
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
You guys would've tore Mercedes apart of they launched a fake, saying it's on of the demos they bought.

A white redbull, nice. I guess this is what you guys meant by buying multiple demos from the FIA and picking which fake to show and trick their fans? Since you guys talked alot of crap about Merc doing this, this means all that crap you guys were talking is all about redbull huh?
You're getting edgy over nothing again f87
Time to go on the 'show your colors' thread and display your Merc fan gear
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2022, 02:14 PM   #230
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:

Embarrassing for them isn’t it. I wonder if FIA might mandate real cars are released in future. Such a shame they don’t want anyone to see the car. Might be great, might be rubbish.

Anyway let’s talk about those teams that have the balls to back up the talk hey. Redbull isn’t one that can do that.

So what do we think, removing the insulting Redbull who looks like they have the best car? For me Ferrari looks the most radical and different than you might expect, I hope for them it works, still not convinced on the colours and back on the rear wing but the car looks pretty radical.
Appreciate 3
F87source7310.50
minn1914064.50
      02-18-2022, 02:31 PM   #231
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Btw idk why you're so hard, I think the Ferrari looks really good except the curved nose.
It's not that the Ferrari looks bad. It looks bad compared to others who really stepped up this year. Almost all of the new cars are stunning except for us, AM and Red Bull IMHO
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 02:43 PM   #232
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Ya'll are nuts.

The F1-75 is the most beautiful 2022 car by a huge margin.

I can't stand all the hype around it though because I buy into it every single year.
Appreciate 4
minn1914064.50
M5Rick60918.00
      02-18-2022, 03:02 PM   #233
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
You're getting edgy over nothing again f87
Time to go on the 'show your colors' thread and display your Merc fan gear
Hmm strange, I don't remember creating a 50 page bash thread for Lewis and Merc, that would be edgy over nothing. I'm here simply reminding you guys of all the smack you talked being wrong.

Merc fan gear? I would never spend that kind of money supporting an F1 team. Also go back a few pages and see my reaction to the amr22, now that's a car I'm really in to.
irunalot1518.00
minn1914064.50
      02-18-2022, 03:11 PM   #234
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Ya'll are nuts.

I can't stand all the hype around it though because I buy into it every single year.
I love the shape! It's very cool if it works!

I'm down on the livery
Appreciate 2
NYG10840.50
      02-18-2022, 03:12 PM   #235
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Embarrassing for them isn’t it. I wonder if FIA might mandate real cars are released in future. Such a shame they don’t want anyone to see the car. Might be great, might be rubbish.

Anyway let’s talk about those teams that have the balls to back up the talk hey. Redbull isn’t one that can do that.

So what do we think, removing the insulting Redbull who looks like they have the best car? For me Ferrari looks the most radical and different than you might expect, I hope for them it works, still not convinced on the colours and back on the rear wing but the car looks pretty radical.
Lol I remember m power talking about "balls" all last year, turns out it's more projection and inaccuracies, redbull is the one that doesn't have the balls. So it better be a really crazy good car, otherwise it'll be really embarassing for them. Imagine if their car wasn't so far off the F1 model and that's why they're too embarrassed to show it off. That would be humbling.

Appearance (best to worse):

1) AMR - love everything about it.
2) Ferrari - love everything except the carrot nose
3) Merc w13 - love the attention to detail on the floor and how slim it looks.
4) alpha Tauri - I like the new livery.
5) McLaren - I like the color, hate the body
6) Haas - it's ok.

Quote:
It's not that the Ferrari looks bad. It looks bad compared to others who really stepped up this year. Almost all of the new cars are stunning except for us, AM and Red Bull IMHO
I love the red and black, I love the side pod openings too very reminiscent of the F1 model. The only thing I hate is the downward curve in the front nose combined that with how narrow it gets, it looks like a carrot. I really hate that part, but the rest of it looks super good.

But not to worry in 2-3 years everyone will converge on the most successful design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Ya'll are nuts.

Nah AMR is the best.

But yeah it's best to hold off on going full Ferrari until we see how it performs. If it pulls another sf1000 then idek what to say.
MontyB11419.50
irunalot1518.00
minn1914064.50
      02-18-2022, 04:07 PM   #236
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Is it just me, or majority of the "livery" reveals are quite nice?
I think the "good" and "Great" ones are just separated by very fine margins.
HAAS was the obvious "russian theme", and RBR "meets expectation" (but I always like the RBR livery, including the few years with the purple Infiniti shade).
      02-18-2022, 04:55 PM   #237
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

You know the more I think about these cars the more I think Ferrari got it the most right, they really optimized the over side pod air flow to the beam wing, and they got the side pod under cut to optimize air flow to the diffuser. The front wing has the flow conditioner and the vortex generating flap adjusters. The whole package seems to be pushing creativity to the next level.

I feel mclaren dropped the ball the hardest because they went pretty conservative on the side pody design, and are making the side pods massive to try and force some down wash. Whether this pays off I do not know.

Mercedes might have dropped the ball too because their side pod design isn't as adventerous, they do have some small under cuts, but they mostly are using the super tight packaging method of the previous cars in order to coax air flow through the coke bottle region. I am not sure if this is as effective as using body work, we shall see I guess. They did go crazy on the floor pushing the limits more than others imo, even their strakes are wider making it less sensitive to air flow directions and turbulence.

So now we will see if the traditional shrink wrapping of the body is the right way to go, or if the more adventerous side pods are the way to go. IMO if the adventerous side pods fail they might fail harder because they're really pushing air flow to critical areas of the car and if real life doesn't correlate issues might occur. Shrink wrapping is the safe proven method of car design, but if it is the wrong development path then they will be sacrificing alot of performance. I reallly don't know what will be the case but we will see.
      02-18-2022, 05:32 PM   #238
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You know the more I think about these cars the more I think Ferrari got it the most right, they really optimized the over side pod air flow to the beam wing, and they got the side pod under cut to optimize air flow to the diffuser. The front wing has the flow conditioner and the vortex generating flap adjusters. The whole package seems to be pushing creativity to the next level.

I feel mclaren dropped the ball the hardest because they went pretty conservative on the side pody design, and are making the side pods massive to try and force some down wash. Whether this pays off I do not know.

Mercedes might have dropped the ball too because their side pod design isn't as adventerous, they do have some small under cuts, but they mostly are using the super tight packaging method of the previous cars in order to coax air flow through the coke bottle region. I am not sure if this is as effective as using body work, we shall see I guess. They did go crazy on the floor pushing the limits more than others imo, even their strakes are wider making it less sensitive to air flow directions and turbulence.

So now we will see if the traditional shrink wrapping of the body is the right way to go, or if the more adventerous side pods are the way to go. IMO if the adventerous side pods fail they might fail harder because they're really pushing air flow to critical areas of the car and if real life doesn't correlate issues might occur. Shrink wrapping is the safe proven method of car design, but if it is the wrong development path then they will be sacrificing alot of performance. I reallly don't know what will be the case but we will see.
This is why it's hard to critique all these designs outside of aesthetics. The manufacturer that gets it right is the one with the car that performs and competes the best. As of right now, no one knows who nailed what - all we see is what each manufacturers philosophy is.

With the W13, it seems like top speed is priority and adding that floor design is trying to get as much downforce from pulling the car down. Is this the right combination? Not sure until the first couple of races.
Appreciate 2
minn1914064.50
      02-18-2022, 05:45 PM   #239
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Silver Arrows livery is back...nice.
Appreciate 2
minn1914064.50
      02-18-2022, 05:46 PM   #240
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
This is why it's hard to critique all these designs outside of aesthetics. The manufacturer that gets it right is the one with the car that performs and competes the best. As of right now, no one knows who nailed what - all we see is what each manufacturers philosophy is.

With the W13, it seems like top speed is priority and adding that floor design is trying to get as much downforce from pulling the car down. Is this the right combination? Not sure until the first couple of races.
Yeah of course as of right now we can't necessarily tell who will be on top and can only judge each design concept. For me I'm thinking the Ferrari is really interesting.

But technically every concept is trying to maximize the down force the floor can generate that is the whole goal here literally, because the rear wing without end plates is ineffective at down force production vs. last year. The front wing with reduced elements and smaller less aggressive end plates (cannot go below the wing element like last year) cannot separate the high and low pressure zones as effectively. So it's all about the floor, literally all the design concepts are about the floor. The under cuts try to channel air to the rear diffuser to help the floor work harder. The over cuts actually try to help the beam wing out. But at the end of the day it really is all about the floor, that is making all of the down force on these cars and actually made a huge amount of the down force on prior cars too. The wings do make down force but not as much as the floor on this generation of car and the last.
      02-18-2022, 06:04 PM   #241
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

F1-75 on track:

But bad news it's already trailing behind a mercedes lol (the filming car), it kind of sounds meh but then again I didn't hear it at WOT.

NYG10840.50
minn1914064.50
      02-18-2022, 06:11 PM   #242
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
Well to be fair, Redbull only recently learned that Masi was fired. They had expected Masi to "bend" the rules and allow them to run last year's car. Now that they don't have a FIA race director on their team, they're having to scramble and design a new car.
Mate .You just won the Internet !

By a F* joke ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60918.00
NYG10840.50