F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Muscle Builders: Question?
GetBMWParts

01-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #331
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
Pre workout you want to stay away from sugar but you don't want to be hungry during your workout. After workout take your shake w banana a eat lots of pasta.
Actually sugar helps transport proteins thruought the body, bad advice!

I didnt read the whole thread, but this all depends on what your goals are! If you are trying to build mass you need 2 grams of protein per every pound you weigh, so if you are 200 lbs you need 400 grams a day! This doesnt have to be shakes, it can be meats, fish, chicken, etc. Also when you drink your shakes take a Teaspoon of peanutbutter as well, this will help transport the protein. Also when you are finished with your workout you should also replenish your carbs, I would maybe eat a sweet potato or something with complex carbs. The most important thing is knowing how to work out properly, when to workout the body part and rest! Make sure you get rest!!!!!!!!
Ontop of protein your chaloric intake has to increase to almost double what you are used to. This is called a dirty bulk. When you are finished you can trim it all back up, ending with a physique you hope you enjoy.
I like Cytogainer. Muscle milk is good, but it is a lil heavier on sugar than others hence the taste is really good.
Just a heads up, if you are serious about bodybuilding be careful with supps, sometimes they are worse for you than roids if you do not know what you are doing. Make sure you read up on P.C's and Serms before trying anything too serious or you can really mess up your test levels! Anabolicminds.com will provide you with some very serious bodybuilders who know their shit!

Good Luck!
      01-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #332
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

As far as being sore with muscles, what should I do?

Besides resting or taking a nap and a hot shower. What else can I do?

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 11:55 AM   #333
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post

Nothing.. This is why I work out every other day and avoid doing things like chest and shoulders within a two day period. Once you get into the hang of things you won't be as sore. Of course there are things out there that will make you recover a lot faster but I don't suggest you go that route.

OH YEA ONE THING
KEEP YOUR PROTEIN INTAKE HIGH AND YOUR DIET ON POINT!!! That's the best advice I can give you when it comes to recovery. If you have a steady flow of nutrients you will recover a lot faster.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #334
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:

Listen being sore is all part of it. When you lift heavy you tear muscle then they recoop, they grow, this is why you need rest! Rest is the best source for helping with being sore.
Are you on any type of split or what?
Also make sure you are getting your aminos, most of which will come by way of good red meats.
      01-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #335
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
Actually sugar helps transport proteins thruought the body, bad advice!

I didnt read the whole thread, but this all depends on what your goals are! If you are trying to build mass you need 2 grams of protein per every pound you weigh, so if you are 200 lbs you need 400 grams a day!
That is one philosophy. I actually do have a very high protein diet, but I would highlight that there are a lot of trainers that would not recommend this much protein. Some of them are very well known - like Charles Glass.

Quote:

Ontop of protein your chaloric intake has to increase to almost double what you are used to. This is called a dirty bulk. When you are finished you can trim it all back up, ending with a physique you hope you enjoy.
I like Cytogainer. Muscle milk is good, but it is a lil heavier on sugar than others hence the taste is really good.
Just a heads up, if you are serious about bodybuilding be careful with supps, sometimes they are worse for you than roids if you do not know what you are doing. Make sure you read up on P.C's and Serms before trying anything too serious or you can really mess up your test levels! Anabolicminds.com will provide you with some very serious bodybuilders who know their shit!

Good Luck!
Again, this is one strategy. I don't think you need to double your caloric intake to build muscle effectively. It is also going to vary greatly based on the person's metabolism, body type, etc. Doing a "dirty bulk", and then cutting down is one strategy sure, but it is not the only way and may not be the best for many people.

I definitely agree on supps - there is a TON of poison out there.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #336
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post

Make sure you eat about an hour or some before the gym.. Have a small well blanaced meal, this will ensure you will have enough energy to get you through your work out. Just don't eat to much or else you'll start to feel slugglish.
I say an hour at least, sometimes 2, depending on what you eat and what your workout is. If you have a very intense aerobic workout, you might need more time to digest. I do, at least.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #337
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
That is one philosophy. I actually do have a very high protein diet, but I would highlight that there are a lot of trainers that would not recommend this much protein. Some of them are very well known - like Charles Glass.

Again, this is one strategy. I don't think you need to double your caloric intake to build muscle effectively. It is also going to vary greatly based on the person's metabolism, body type, etc. Doing a "dirty bulk", and then cutting down is one strategy sure, but it is not the only way and may not be the best for many people.

I definitely agree on supps - there is a TON of poison out there.
Great points have been made here.

Of course these are just my experiences, they are not Gospel. Everyone's body is different and what may work for me may not work for you. These are also for serious gainers, not for the timid and the not so serious builders.

You are from Pittsburgh as well?
      01-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #338
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Nothing.. This is why I work out every other day and avoid doing things like chest and shoulders within a two day period. Once you get into the hang of things you won't be as sore. Of course there are things out there that will make you recover a lot faster but I don't suggest you go that route.

OH YEA ONE THING
KEEP YOUR PROTEIN INTAKE HIGH AND YOUR DIET ON POINT!!! That's the best advice I can give you when it comes to recovery. If you have a steady flow of nutrients you will recover a lot faster.
I take high protein and a strict diet. You dont recommend glutamin?

Quote:
Listen being sore is all part of it. When you lift heavy you tear muscle then they recoop, they grow, this is why you need rest! Rest is the best source for helping with being sore.
Are you on any type of split or what?
Also make sure you are getting your aminos, most of which will come by way of good red meats.

Yea I kno that, but this is pain!

I have a steam room, does that help? I sleep 7-8 hours a day. I eat a lot of protein. I have no idea what "split," means?

and I take glutamin with my protein shakes

- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #339
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You are from Pittsburgh as well?
Yes sir.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #340
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Quote:
I have no idea what "split," means?
I believe he's talking about a split workout. My buddy got me started on one of those when I began hitting the gym more regularly. Essentially you "split" your workout and hit different parts of the body each day. Biceps & abs one day, chest & triceps the next, back the next, legs the next, then repeat (example).

It has really helped with the recovery pain, because each part has an opportunity to recover before you're excercising it again, yet you're still hitting each part throughout the week.
      01-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #341
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I take high protein and a strict diet. You dont recommend glutamin?

Yea I kno that, but this is pain!

I have a steam room, does that help? I sleep 7-8 hours a day. I eat a lot of protein. I have no idea what "split," means?

and I take glutamin with my protein shakes
glutamin will help! A split is how your spread your workout throughout the week.
      01-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #342
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
I believe he's talking about a split workout. My buddy got me started on one of those when I began hitting the gym more regularly. Essentially you "split" your workout and hit different parts of the body each day. Biceps & abs one day, chest & triceps the next, back the next, legs the next, then repeat (example).

It has really helped with the recovery pain, because each part has an opportunity to recover before you're excercising it again, yet you're still hitting each part throughout the week.
Correct!
      01-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #343
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Yes sir.
Sweet I am in the North hills (wexford). I work out at the Oxford Athletic Club. You?
      01-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #344
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post

Quote:
glutamin will help! A split is how your spread your workout throughout the week.
Then yes I do the split workout.

I do it with my personal trainer and I cant feel my arms. Yesterday we did chest/bi's and today we are doing tri's/shoulders. I hate this --__--

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #345
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

My old work out was

bi's/tris day 1
chest/shoulders day 2
Upper back/lower back day 3
abs/cardio day 4

the rest of the week I would take off.

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #346
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Then yes I do the split workout.

I do it with my personal trainer and I cant feel my arms. Yesterday we did chest/bi's and today we are doing tri's/shoulders. I hate this --__--
um - chest/bi's? Never did that one, I always did Chest / Tris. When you are pressing weight on bench you are also working Tri's so essentially you are working Chest / Bi's / Tri's all in one day then the next day doing Shoulders / Tri's, so you are hitting Tri's twice in two days, not very good idea unless I am missing something.
      01-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #347
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
My old work out was

bi's/tris day 1
chest/shoulders day 2
abs/cardio day 4

This is a much better split, but I would go Mon - Bi's / Tri's, Tues - off, Wed - Chest / Shoulder, Thur - Back, Fri - off, Sat - Legs, and fit abs in where I could. Legs are essential to growth! Sunday Cardio.
      01-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #348
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
um - chest/bi's? Never did that one, I always did Chest / Tris. When you are pressing weight on bench you are also working Tri's so essentially you are working Chest / Bi's / Tri's all in one day then the next day doing Shoulders / Tri's, so you are hitting Tri's twice in two days, not very good idea unless I am missing something.
Idno man, I just shut my mouth and listen to what he says. He has my ideal body so Im following his foot steps but I cant take it lol. So much pain.

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #349
dpwr
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a good one

Quote:
My old work out was

bi's/tris day 1
chest/shoulders day 2
abs/cardio day 4

that's a bad schedule, this would be better
day1 chest/legs
day2 off
day3 bi's/tri's
day4 cardio/abs
day5 sholders/back
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #350
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Some trainers actually do recommend that - occasionally, to shock the muscle. I've done it before just to mix things up. Like I'll do back and chest one day (which is brutal), then do arms the next - obviously my bis and tris got worked the day before also. I think the body can take almost anything you can throw at it, but rest is key as you point out. Of course, making sure you aren't damaging joints or totally overworking muscles is key too!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #351
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sweet I am in the North hills (wexford). I work out at the Oxford Athletic Club. You?
That's a very nice place, and ummm, nice scenery ; ) Plus you can catch James Harrison crushing weights their occasionally! I had a friend that belonged there so I went a couple of times.

I'm in Fox Chapel, but I've lived a few places in/around town. I workout up by work (Cranberry) at the Fitness Factory. It's decent enough and my work subsidizes it so it is only $15 a month! Can't beat that...
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #352
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Idno man, I just shut my mouth and listen to what he says. He has my ideal body so Im following his foot steps but I cant take it lol. So much pain.
Pain is just weakness leaving the body. Enjoy it, that pain you're feeling is just making you stronger. Just man up and suck it up..
Appreciate 0