BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #1
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Exotics Tuning.... 2 thumbs down

I ordered the G0 front lip and pay that ($660) and $120 in shipping fees over paypal for quick delivery.

12 days go by with me being told its wrapped up and ready to ship or "we are sending you the tracking numbers later today" and then I am just refunded my money with no explanation as to what happened.

You're welcome Exotics Tuning for the 12 day interest free loan I gave you guys.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S
I ordered the G0 front lip and pay that ($660) and $120 in shipping fees over paypal for quick delivery.

12 days go by with me being told its wrapped up and ready to ship or "we are sending you the tracking numbers later today" and then I am just refunded my money with no explanation as to what happened.

You're welcome Exotics Tuning for the 12 day interest free loan I gave you guys.
All of these companies that make carbon fiber parts seem to be shit!

Arkym... Those guys are a joke!
Vorsteiner? They couldn't even put there own differuser on my car without using a Dremel on there diffuser.

You know what? JL motoring, specifically James was very responsive to issues with there Arkym style lip I had on my 11. He went above and beyond to get things right.

My 13 has the real Arkym lip now and it doesn't fit good at all. Arkym basically told me there always perfect and to kick rocks.

I'd try JL motoring dude. You'll spend much less and at least get some customer service. Plus there lip was 10x stronger than my flimsy Arkym I paid double for.

Good luck!
      03-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #3
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post

Vorsteiner? They couldn't even put there own differuser on my car without using a Dremel on there diffuser.

You know what? JL motoring, specifically James was very responsive to issues with there Arkym style lip I had on my 11. He went above and beyond to get things right.

My 13 has the real Arkym lip now and it doesn't fit good at all. Arkym basically told me there always perfect and to kick rocks.

I'd try JL motoring dude. You'll spend much less and at least get some customer service. Plus there lip was 10x stronger than my flimsy Arkym I paid double for.

Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion man, I'll def look into those guys.

Modding is definitely a pain in the ass. You seem to have been put through the wringer by some of these companies.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #4
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S
Quote:

Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion man, I'll def look into those guys.

Modding is definitely a pain in the ass. You seem to have been put through the wringer by some of these companies.
Yea I have. None of them fit perfectly. But the JL one honestly fit the curvatures perfectly, but was 1/2" short meeting up at the fenders edge. It was the toughest one I've had. You could stand on it with confidence. I had hit a parking block a few times and that lip would just lift my whole car up. No BS. I'm getting a JL one again because my real Arkym one I have now is already cracked!

Good luck man. At least you got your money back though!
      03-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #5
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep

Nice, I would prefer something that strong since my last carbon fiber lip got scratched to hell and broke in half when I got in a fender bender.

The thing thats annoying is Exotics Tuning is running that clearance promotion on here with all of their parts and were even ttt'ing the thread a week after I ordered my part.

I wonder if anyone else who ordered during that time had a similar outcome to mine.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 04:04 PM   #6
tinman831
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
Nice, I would prefer something that strong since my last carbon fiber lip got scratched to hell and broke in half when I got in a fender bender.

The thing thats annoying is Exotics Tuning is running that clearance promotion on here with all of their parts and were even ttt'ing the thread a week after I ordered my part.

I wonder if anyone else who ordered during that time had a similar outcome to mine.
Ordered mine a month ago and it came in a week (including weekends). Fit was perfect and quality of the weave was top notch. I'm hoping to purchase a second one soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #7
s14_kev
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3

Give ModeCarbon a shout! Sam@ModeCarbon was very helpful and the transaction went very smoothly. He helped me pick the right lip from their lineup based on information I provided about my car. Also, shipping was prompt and customer service was great.. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another lip from ModeCarbon.
      03-11-2014, 06:44 AM   #8
JPH704
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Huracan Performante & 720s

Did Exotics Tuning give any explanation or just a refund? I have to agree with ILSMKU, I even had a bad fitment experience with Challange. I purchased a diffuser from another member... Never installed. I couldn't get the back end flush with the bumper. You could always see a slight gap and it didn't want to force it. Took the piece to two body shops and they couldn't offer much help or suggestions.
After seeing mode carbon parts in person I would recommend them. Any other carbon parts will be BMW performance.
      03-12-2014, 01:05 AM   #9
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

At least they gave you a refund straight up. You obviously haven't seen what a bad vendor is. They'll just hold your money for months at times giving you bullshit excuses as to why its delayed etc. etc. In this case, they prob don't have inventory and straight up refunded you without any bullshit. I'd say just take your money elsewhere, what did you even lose anyways, sorry about your precious 12 days you lost on your few hundred bucks.

As for their product vs others, the fitment is as good as it gets and AFAIK they only made 1 batch, so they "in theory" should all fit perfect. I know mine did. My arkym/vorsteiner stuff however...pfff utter trash
      03-12-2014, 05:35 PM   #10
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
At least they gave you a refund straight up. You obviously haven't seen what a bad vendor is. They'll just hold your money for months at times giving you bullshit excuses as to why its delayed etc. etc. In this case, they prob don't have inventory and straight up refunded you without any bullshit. I'd say just take your money elsewhere, what did you even lose anyways, sorry about your precious 12 days you lost on your few hundred bucks.

As for their product vs others, the fitment is as good as it gets and AFAIK they only made 1 batch, so they "in theory" should all fit perfect. I know mine did. My arkym/vorsteiner stuff however...pfff utter trash
This is a vendor feedback forum and I am giving my feedback. You seem to have a lot of idle time on your hands so I can run my ideas by you before I post them if you want.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 08:38 PM   #11
JPH704
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Huracan Performante & 720s

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
This is a vendor feedback forum and I am giving my feedback. You seem to have a lot of idle time on your hands so I can run my ideas by you before I post them if you want.
      03-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #12
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

All the carbon companies suck. I have had nearly every product that vorsteiner makes for the M3 including: GTS3 front bumper, trunk, GTS-V lip and GTS-V rear diffuser. I could go into detail on each but all of them have serious flaws - the trunk and bumper cost major $$ to get painted because they needed to be blocked out several times, none of them fit right at all except for the bumper which is not perfect but acceptable but only after cutting around the headlights and dremeling out the center grille area. If I didn't know better I would think all of them were replicas,
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 01:17 PM   #13
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

First off I would like to say sorry for what happened JAM3S.
We are very busy each day, handling orders from E90POST and both M3Post.

Our logistics department had already shipped out your package and was delayed in giving me the tracking number. This is why I issued you your refund not even knowing the package has been sent out.

You pm'd me and said you couldn't wait any longer, so I issued you your refund instantly.

The order status was delayed in updating, so I had no clue that the order was shipped out even earlier then it was. If you look back at the tracking number on FEDEX the logistics guys shipped out your package within 3 working days since your order was placed.

February 27 you paid by paypal, on March 8th we issued your full money refund back. That is 7 working days not 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
We try our best to give the community the best product out there. By minimizing the room for error. We don't mass produce, each CF piece is made carefully and quality checked.

Quote:

Good luck!
We are not Arkym, and we are not Vorsteiner. Please refrain from throwing us into the same "batch" of carbon companies.
We are enthusiasts that share the same passion for cars as you guys do.
There are things that we cannot control, like shipping and logistics. Sometimes mistakes do happen. We are human after all.

Last edited by GORDON.M3; 04-22-2014 at 01:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #14
joe024
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Frozen Grey

Hum....i had great experience with Exotics Tuning,standup company.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 01:25 PM   #15
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe024 View Post
Hum....i had great experience with Exotics Tuning,standup company.
Thanks Joe!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #16
Ggeezer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

I had a great experience with them too. My diffuser shipped very promptly and I'll be getting it installed this weekend! Thanks Gordon.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 01:18 AM   #17
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASM3 View Post
I had a great experience with them too. My diffuser shipped very promptly and I'll be getting it installed this weekend! Thanks Gordon.
Hope to see it installed on your car soon! Thanks for the kind words!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #18
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Excuse me? Um, you are in no position to ask to "refrain from anything.

First of all I made a generalized statement about my experiences with three well known and respected carbon fiber companies. Which your company was not even included in.

Secondly, if this how you talk to customers or potential customers, then good luck with that. Attitudes like that will make you just another came and gone carbon fiber company.

Thirdly, things do happen. But clearly you guys need to work on your communication skills with customers. It's your job to know what's going on with your orders. It's not just "oh well I didn't know it shipped". As a professional salesman myself, saying "I didn't know it shipped out" is a poor excuse. You don't have a shipping computer that logs all your outbound shipments then? If not, then as a startup I suggest you get one.

Good luck to you.
      04-23-2014, 02:11 PM   #19
rAdzM
Smashed!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
2006 BMW M5  [9.00]
I had very good experience with Exotics Tuning. Ken was very responsive to my pm's. I had to pick up mine locally, so I didn't have to wait extra for shipping.

BBS | BREMBO | RECARO | ig: @euro_rad
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:35 AM   #20
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:

Good luck!
I have an Arkym diffuser that I bought used, and I have to say it fit a lot better than some of the junk that's floating out there to be honest. It seems like they are hit or miss.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0