F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Paris Showcase: BMW ConnectedDrive New Functions (Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Wifi)
ARMA SPEED

10-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #45
Daz(Teesside)
Rep
Drives: 320d ed

Really keen to see the non idrive iPhone dock for the 3 series, has anyone seen any indications on cost?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #46
Bimmer5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubaron79 View Post
Droid is a joke, and a fad. The sofware will be extinct in a few years.
Not sure if it will be extinct or not.
Apple revolutionized the cell phone with the Iphone, whether you love or hate it. Look at the phones out there before the Iphone, Apple has even forced Blackberry to improve their products.
I happen to love Apple products, So happy microsoft is out of my life.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #47
Yogijet
Captain
British Virgin Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i, Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbay66 View Post
Hey masamune, maxnix and all you other Apple haters, not sure if you really read this article but Apple products are one of the products supported among "other devices". Not sure why you think they're overpriced when your driving new BMW's, I would think you understand the difference between high end and low end products. Having a proprietary operating system is to ensure that the user experience is the best it can be which has been Apples philosophy they've stuck with from the beginning and BMW obviously recognizes for their customers. I think they've proven this considering everyone else in the biz just waits for their new products to launch and copies them like your beloved Android and all the tablet devices being released. Funny how PC tablets came out years ago, but never got off the ground until the ipad which is now cannibalizing notebook sales. http://www.macrumors.com/2010/09/17/...-retail-sales/. Do you really think this is due to their "overpricing" and proprietary software? I doubt you'd be so concerned if you'd picked up some of their stock a year ago.
I agree completely though I would state it a little more mildly. I am completely dedicated to both Apple and BMW, and I believe for the same basic reason - the fantastic performance of their true-to-core-values products. I am, therefore, not surprised by the synergy between them and yes, you pay more but it's so worth it.

BMW Performance Exhaust, Michelin Pilot Supersports F-225/40, R-255/35, BMW Performance Suspension, BMW Performance black kidneys, Quaife LSD, M3 rear sub-f bushings, M3 front control arm, rear guide rod and rear upper link kits, BMW Performance cross-drilled/slotted rotors, AFE Cold Air Intake.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #48
Yogijet
Captain
British Virgin Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i, Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer5 View Post
Not sure if it will be extinct or not.
Apple revolutionized the cell phone with the Iphone, whether you love or hate it. Look at the phones out there before the Iphone, Apple has even forced Blackberry to improve their products.
I happen to love Apple products, So happy microsoft is out of my life.
Boy me too. Completely dedicated to Apple. First computer was an Apple and I am forced to use MS at work which is a drag. Not sure what would need to happen to get me to buy a PC for personal use. Oh yeah...laptop for the sole purpose of connecting my BT Scanner Tool to the car. On second thought, no. I'll just borrow one from work! Look at it this way. If you don't have haters, you're just not doing well enough. Par for the course for both Apple and BMW.

BMW Performance Exhaust, Michelin Pilot Supersports F-225/40, R-255/35, BMW Performance Suspension, BMW Performance black kidneys, Quaife LSD, M3 rear sub-f bushings, M3 front control arm, rear guide rod and rear upper link kits, BMW Performance cross-drilled/slotted rotors, AFE Cold Air Intake.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #49
OnlyTruth
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535 iX

Having a big i pad on the back seat is a little overboard, we dont live in our cars after all

2011 535 iX lemoned
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #50
stuka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 M3 ZCP

Bump.

So is the iPad holder available yet from Tischer?
21 STI WRC Blue
24 D110 P400 White/black
Appreciate 0