F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW Is #3 Brand in World According to RankingTheBrand
Studio RSR

07-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #23
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

This seems like a USA list not global. There is no way Walmart would make this list. 7 billion people in the world and walmart? They are only
In parts of Asia and not in Europe except the UK.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #24
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
I was so proud and excited to see BMW as 3rd company, however, Im quite pissed to see apple as number one. its quite disgusting to see this, especially by how many points they are ahead of google and BMW.

not cool.
werd. I agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by supadan View Post
Without any bias, Apple is the best company and brand in the world. It's absolutely incredible what they've accomplished in the last several years, during an economic recession and catastrophe. Almost everything they do, from a business standpoint, is executed perfectly.
lol are you serious. Lets put 2 year old technology into all our products, call it "magical" then charge more for it than the competition and people will buy it because they are stupid. If you think that is the best company in the world, then may god help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
-Apple is so high on the list because so many dumb-ass parents buy iPhones for their kids.
(bless their hearts, so spoiled now, they will live at home until they are 30)

-Google is so high on the list because people like me love them for giving away so much for free!
Exactly! Apple rips you off for old technology. Google gives you the latest and greatest for FREE!!
      07-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #25
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWtoBMW View Post
McDonalds never even made the list?? Wow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
This seems like a USA list not global. There is no way Walmart would make this list. 7 billion people in the world and walmart? They are only
Totally agree with this... I've seen McDonald's every where in the world I've been, but have not seen a single walmart in europe or asia.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #26
DK_12
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post

lol are you serious. Lets put 2 year old technology into all our products, call it "magical" then charge more for it than the competition and people will buy it because they are stupid. If you think that is the best company in the world, then may god help you.
You obviously didn't read what I wrote. I'm not talking about its products - I'm talking about business execution. If rising to a $350B market cap, top and bottom line growth that's the envy of any business (especially for luxury items in a tough economic environment), among other things doesn't make it the best business in the world, what does? It doesn't matter what you may think of Apple's products, they're obviously good enough for the majority of "stupid" people, and the fact they can sell so many is what makes them great.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #27
brentbequer135i
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
This may be great for BMW and its shareholders, but it doesn't mean much for enthusiasts or those who care at all about driving.

In the last couple of years BMW has been producing cars that are less focused on driving and more on technology and luxury. I understand this is a business and the objective is to maximize profitability (which they've been doing quite well because of Asia), but they're becoming more like Lexus and Mercedes, and losing their competitive advantage - driving dynamics. I know it might be some time from now, but I hope this strategy really bites them in the butt, when BMW completely loses its "cool" and "ultimate driving machine" factor, and no longer have the support from automotive journalists.

When I was younger I remember thinking to myself that I must drive a BMW, because it was relatively economical, a superior drivers car, and many of the features were different. Now, it's just on the same boat as everyone else. I know their strategy is to fill the Asian and Gen-Y market (who probably cares less about driving and more on technology), but it's very disappointing to witness the transition.
Than how come the new M5 posted the same time as a Ferrari f430 around Nürburgring...?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #28
brentbequer135i
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Nurburgring*
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #29
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Sad thing is, they could do both (ie, keep making sports car) but they just choose not to...

Quote:
This may be great for BMW and its shareholders, but it doesn't mean much for enthusiasts or those who care at all about driving.

In the last couple of years BMW has been producing cars that are less focused on driving and more on technology and luxury. I understand this is a business and the objective is to maximize profitability (which they've been doing quite well because of Asia), but they're becoming more like Lexus and Mercedes, and losing their competitive advantage - driving dynamics. I know it might be some time from now, but I hope this strategy really bites them in the butt, when BMW completely loses its "cool" and "ultimate driving machine" factor, and no longer have the support from automotive journalists.

When I was younger I remember thinking to myself that I must drive a BMW, because it was relatively economical, a superior drivers car, and many of the features were different. Now, it's just on the same boat as everyone else. I know their strategy is to fill the Asian and Gen-Y market (who probably cares less about driving and more on technology), but it's very disappointing to witness the transition.
      07-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #30
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentbequer135i View Post
Than how come the new M5 posted the same time as a Ferrari f430 around Nürburgring...?
Because it is new? F430 is a 2004 model year car, and *new* M5 is 2012.
Also Nurburgring is a track where power/weight goes a long way.
      07-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #31
fluidkaos
I wanna go fast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a madman.

Garage List
2010 E92 335i  [9.31]
Walmart > Merc
      07-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #32
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Without any bias, Apple is the best company and brand in the world. It's absolutely incredible what they've accomplished in the last several years, during an economic recession and catastrophe. Almost everything they do, from a business standpoint, is executed perfectly.
+100000000000
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #33
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
werd. I agree

Exactly! Apple rips you off for old technology. Google gives you the latest and greatest for FREE!!
i would research your info first...

apple acquires technology before others do...succh as thunderbolt and etc they have the money to do so.

the old technology you are saying the stuff is executed better than what other companies do...and they make it simple and easy to use
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #34
issabmw
cool beans
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi

This is great for investors, commercializing, and brand-loyalty.

Preserve the reputation built from ground up, rather than using it as a tool to shift business ideals into a commercialized mold. BMW is still doing great, and should constantly keep the enthusiasts on their mind... we are the ones that spread BMW's reputation, positive and negative. Never forget where BMW came from, and what BMW should always be known for.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #35
cloud8r
Member BMW CCA Los Angeles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 GC Comp

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I have to agree. Furthermore Coca Cola is by far the most recognized brand world wide. It's proliferated secluded African tribes. Pretty sure you can drink Coke before using iTunes, searching the web, buying gas... even getting a Big Mac. And wth's Audi or wallmart?

Much enjoyed:
2018 ///M4 ZCP || 2014 ///M5 ZCP || 2011.5 ///M3 Sedan || 2007 ///M Coupe || 2008 550i Sport || 2006 ///M3 ZCP || 2008 X3 3.0si || 2006 325i || 2003 Z4 3.0 Roadster || 2003 330ci || 2002 325i
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 11:27 PM   #36
issabmw
cool beans
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Scratch that.

Apple has some of the best marketing individuals any company has ever seen, giving an open arms perspective to superficially embrace unawareness by turning into a desirable product. In short, yes they do make money off of old technology. The first iPhone was perhaps one of the best products of the century which established a milestone, creating a marketing tool for future installments. By this reason the identical 3G and 3GS sold more than what is mentally fathomable due to a supreme marketing division.

Best marketing brand? More or less agreeable... Best brand? Based on the actual products you receive, no, although skewed perception allows you to believe you have supreme technology.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #37
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Gee, an internet "study" compiled with online submissions from the internet and by a Dutch company peddling their online brand evaluation services. Yeah, okay.

This "study" was conducted by SyncForce, a marketing and brand management company. And this is a way of promoting their brand management services to other businesses. This is the submission criteria: "Individual rankings are submitted to RankingTheBrands.com. First step is marking the ranking as a positive or negative ranking. If a brand is mentioned in a lot of positive brand rankings this brand will be high listed on the SyncForce Ranking The Brands list."

"SyncForce, the company behind RankingTheBrands.com, offers organizations an enterprise platform that ensures consistent communication of their brand promise, every time and everywhere. When reading a lot about our customers and thus their brands we came across a lot of brand rankings. Then the question came up: in which brand rankings are our customers mentioned?"

http://www.syncforce.com/en/Home.aspx

And even despite that fact, this is only about brand name recognition (and by a questionable source like most of these so called "studies.") It's not about who makes the best product. And the two are not necessarily linked. There are plenty of poor products (either overpriced and/or not of the greatest quality) that are labeled with recognized brand names and logos. In other words, their brand name is managed well (brand management is a big business.) And we all know there are plenty (too many) people who buy products based only on brand name and logo.

btw, there are lots of organizations that publish brand rankings. And this is just one of dozens of publications, done by these businesses. In the end it's basically meaningless. It's all about business and brand promotion. And it obviously works on many of you.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 01:41 AM   #38
TheZift
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Pre-LCI (E90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentbequer135i View Post

+ 1000000000000000000000........ I can't believe that other guy said that... lol
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 02:31 AM   #39
Jblack4083
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M3 JB/CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by issabmw View Post
Scratch that.

Apple has some of the best marketing individuals any company has ever seen, giving an open arms perspective to superficially embrace unawareness by turning into a desirable product. In short, yes they do make money off of old technology. The first iPhone was perhaps one of the best products of the century which established a milestone, creating a marketing tool for future installments. By this reason the identical 3G and 3GS sold more than what is mentally fathomable due to a supreme marketing division.

Best marketing brand? More or less agreeable... Best brand? Based on the actual products you receive, no, although skewed perception allows you to believe you have supreme technology.
You still cannot deny that their technology is very well executed, implemented, and supported. It also works very well.

Anyone who denies that is probably in the "I plan on buying another cheap $300 windows PC in a year when my current one breaks down" club...

Apple made multi-touch into a big deal. Apple made "Apps" into a big deal. Apple made CDs obsolete since mini-disk couldn't do it. Apple made a lot of stuff into a big deal.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 03:47 AM   #40
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
I think being number 1 in these rankings makes you the biggest popularity whor.e so I think BMW should be very happy to be number 1 car brand. That's pretty awesome.
      07-21-2011, 03:56 AM   #41
issabmw
cool beans
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblack4083 View Post
You still cannot deny that their technology is very well executed, implemented, and supported. It also works very well.

Anyone who denies that is probably in the "I plan on buying another cheap $300 windows PC in a year when my current one breaks down" club...

Apple made multi-touch into a big deal. Apple made "Apps" into a big deal. Apple made CDs obsolete since mini-disk couldn't do it. Apple made a lot of stuff into a big deal.
You are correct that it is, yet this still falls in to the course of marketing, for the implementation, support and execution is merely monitored then marketed by Apple. There is no denying the persistence, yet what is essential is not only how it is executed, yet also what is being executed, especially when considering the market as a whole. This needs to be considered when determining what really is the "best brand."

The $300 PC argument is futile, as the many choices are subjective. A $1200 IBM, or rather Lenovo, will out-do almost any brand of computer in terms of longevity, durability, quality, and features sans what windows limits. I could name many more PC's as well.

Don't pin cheap computers solely on the Window's operating system. The only reason why Apple cannot go low budget is because the software defines the hardware and vice versa, given that apple is the sole vendor of their operating system. In short, not all PC's are short term. Actually, almost all PC's within what Apple charges give those macs a heavy run for their money.

Apple started the app business and kept the generations of phones within spec retaining backwards and oftentimes forward compatibility. Downfall is you have one option for a phone. Everything has its drawbacks. As far as I know, the CD/DVD is still alive and well. The MacBook Air did nothing other than offer a variation to a different consumer. Don't think that the drives will be eliminated from the rest of the lineup anytime soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 04:45 AM   #42
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblack4083 View Post

In strict terms, apple doesn't make any "technologies". Apple is clearly the best company at evaluating, improving existing technologies and implementing them into a whole new damn well-executed package. Thus, superb marketing company. They are innovative marketing company, not really the 'innovation' itself. Google is more innovative if anything. App store deal was a brilliant idea, again, not a technology, but rather a marketing strategy. Apple = Profit wonder.

Thus, no respect. Seems like you've only seen the bright side of Apple. Go to opposition of the world, you will hear a lot of the stuff you don't know about Apple. And these days, they are getting so f**king greedy, its not even funny. Plus, they just got their asses owned by Samsung.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #43
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

I'm not a fan of Apple but they are smart. They understand that idiots are the majority in the world and they tailor their products for them. Cha ching!

Google simply rules with their creativity, openness and yes, lots of free stuff for everyone.

BMW is really good at marketing their brand. Yes they make some amazing cars but their quality sucks compared to the Japanese automakers as well as some German luxury ones.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #44
sali
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 911, 16 Range Rover

How the hell is BMW ahead of Ferrari? Ferrari has a racing pedigree, solid history while BMW tried to compete in Formula 1 and failed.
Appreciate 0