F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Bootmod3 Exhaust Burbles
Extreme Powerhouse

04-18-2024, 11:32 AM   #1
tom340
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Question Bootmod3 Exhaust Burbles

Hi all (this is my first post bare with me),

I've recently purchased BM3 and I'm running the Stage 2+ 93 OTS map.
I've a decat downpipe on currently but I'm booked in for a double res delete this weekend.

I'm looking for some advice with the Exhaust burbles custom settings;

Currently on the aggressive map, there's way too many burbles for my liking and I'm looking to have just 1, 2 or maybe 3 loud bangs on downshift and that's it.

Not a clue where to start with these settings; I'm guessing I want to have the aggressive setting high, the duration low, and the minimum rev range set to just under where I usually downshift to?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2024, 01:04 PM   #2
G.Newt
Major
Rep
Drives: CT4-V Blackwing 6MT

Easy, set burbles to OFF.
DAW v2.5 turbo E40 | Dorch S2 | VRSF DP | MST intake | AWE catback | 335is clutch | CSF heat exchanger | RK Autowerks intake manifold | Orange M Perf Brake Kit | KW Street Comfort coilovers | GTS taillights V2
Appreciate 4
ashin1436.00
Wires1653.00
Dom14790.50
      04-18-2024, 06:44 PM   #3
rusty_sojah
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 440

I have my rpm set above the normal driving rpm shift point so it doesn't trigger it much if at all in normal driving but will trigger during sport driving. i think i have at like 23 or 2400 rpm. also i have my aggression turned down to like 2 and 4 respectively (normal/sport). i am not 100% sure what the aggression does if it does more pops/bangs vs burbles.

i started out much higher and it was super annoying to me since i have a lot of steep hills going through neighborhoods as shortcuts i drive to /from work and with the rpm set low it would just annoyingly burble the whole way down hill. so i turned it down some more and the rpm higher and it was better but ultimately i am now happy with my current which was iteration 3 or 4 i think. presently i have a vrsf catless DP but next month i will hopefully be installing an aftermarket cat-back exhaust that may make it even louder so perhaps more fine tuning in my future.
      04-19-2024, 05:00 PM   #4
sigterm2.0
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Newt View Post
Easy, set burbles to OFF.
I second the motion.

I get it, a high displacement V8 rumbling as you let off the gas sounds pretty amazing...

...but... Burbles. Ain't. That.

Never will be.

It's fake, it harms your turbo, and does nothing for the performance of your car. Anyone who knows anything about performance engines will know that it's fake because of the abrupt stop in the sound when the excess fuel that is dumped into the exhaust manifold runs out. There is no gentle tapering off of the rumble as with naturally aspirated vehicles with large displacement.

Sooooo... yeah, just turn it off. It does more harm than good. Build on to the exquisite performance engineering that went into your car... embrace it... don't bastardize it and try to make your car something it's not.
Appreciate 0