E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > CAREFUL ALL BUYERS! If you did not know...

04-25-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
SDTopless
I just wanna do my car
United_States
Rep
Drives: 350z RevUp =)

CAREFUL ALL BUYERS! If you did not know...

you should read this first before buying any products from these two websites:

1. www.racdyn-usa.com
2. www.electrodyne.cc

Basically these two websites (from what I've read) are supposedly the same company and they have rebranded the original company's products as their own. Let me begin by saying I haven't checked through this website if anybody's written anything on this so sorry, but "if you don't know, now you know (-Biggie )..."

This all started as I was scrounging around online for some aftermarket parts for my good ol' Z4. To my delight I thought I had found some good parts that were fairly inexpensive ie. strut bar, air intake, headers, etc . But as a snoopy little investigator I snooped around a little more online thinking maybe these parts are too good to be true, or perhaps it'll be you get what you pay for.

Well to my dismay, I found this website www.racingdynamics.com. I thought, "hmm, if racdyn-usa.com shares the same name as racingdynamics.com, something has to be up." Plus they don't even have all of the same parts for the same vehicle applications.

So upon looking at racingdynamics.com they had this link for US/Canadian buyers:

http://www.racingdynamics.com/Locali...ca/Warning.htm
-it basically reads that the US "manufacturer" of "Racing Dynamics" are copying the original owner's work, Racing Dynamics S.p.A. of Milan.

After finding that out, I then wanted to know more of the story. So here i found this old post back on an old forum:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...p/t-51807.html
-(pardon the horrible paraphrasing , but) the original Racing Dynamics allowed for a US guy to sell the original parts. But then things went sour after the US guy wanted to buy the rights to Racing Dynamics. Now the US guy makes his "own" parts that have the same look/logo as Racing Dynamics, which may, or may not be the actual original part

So in the end, if you want the original part go to www.racingdynamics.com to buy it, not www.racdyn-usa.com, or www.electrodyne.com. Well I hope I did them some justice. Have a splendid day.
      04-25-2008, 12:28 AM   #2
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
reminds me of F'ineisenhaus

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 01:44 AM   #3
MrToad
I rike bee em dub u
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
reminds me of F'ineisenhaus
Shady co. for sure..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 02:02 AM   #4
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

thanks for the warning, but this is actually pretty old news that goes back many years.
      04-29-2008, 04:30 AM   #5
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

thanks for looking out for the community!