BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

11-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #1
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Warranty experience with LUX

Anyone here has any experience with post sale service/support from LUX for their angel eyes ?? Especially regarding warranty replacements if one of their lights go out??

My drivers side Lux H8 V4s stopped working and need a warranty replacement . Hooked up the original yellows n they work so the wiring / electricals seem okay . The right side V4s seem to work just fine . The drivers side are out..... In all the color settings

Have sent them a PM n am awaiting a response .... Had bought those new from EAS and upon contacting EAS , I was directed to contact lux directly .

Anyone with any experience (good or bad) in dealing with lux for similar issues?? Thanks !!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 10:14 PM   #2
bakaneul
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Lux replaced one for me last time under warranty with no problem. Im sure you will be fine getting your replacement from them
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #3
JsL
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpark1986 View Post
Lux replaced one for me last time under warranty with no problem. Im sure you will be fine getting your replacement from them
Ditto.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 10:20 PM   #4
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

Good guys, easy to work with. In or out of warranty.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 11:21 PM   #5
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Anybody got a phone number for them ?? All I get on their website is a generic email
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 06:37 AM   #6
Hagasan41
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 ///M3, 1999 E36 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-M3 View Post
Anyone here has any experience with post sale service/support from LUX for their angel eyes ?? Especially regarding warranty replacements if one of their lights go out??

My drivers side Lux H8 V4s stopped working and need a warranty replacement . Hooked up the original yellows n they work so the wiring / electricals seem okay . The right side V4s seem to work just fine . The drivers side are out..... In all the color settings

Have sent them a PM n am awaiting a response .... Had bought those new from EAS and upon contacting EAS , I was directed to contact lux directly .

Anyone with any experience (good or bad) in dealing with lux for similar issues?? Thanks !!!!!

Unfortunate that EAS didn't recognize an opportunity to deliver great service and handle the LUX warranty for you. It always makes me chuckle when folks give praise so easily to a company that "gets the order out quickly or answers all your questions." That's not great customer service, that's called getting paid.

Hopefully LUX will take care of you quickly and without issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #7
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagasan41
Quote:

Unfortunate that EAS didn't recognize an opportunity to deliver great service and handle the LUX warranty for you. It always makes me chuckle when folks give praise so easily to a company that "gets the order out quickly or answers all your questions." That's not great customer service, that's called getting paid.

Hopefully LUX will take care of you quickly and without issue.
My thoughts too.... I thought they would offer that courtesy .... I have pm'ed lux on this forum .... Still awaiting a response from them .....

I was going to go the akra route with EAS for my exhaust .... Now I'll have to check with them how they handle warranty issues with that ..... I don't want to deal with AKRA in case there's an issue if EAS can't help me with it
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #8
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
My thoughts too.... I thought they would offer that courtesy .... I have pm'ed lux on this forum .... Still awaiting a response from them .....

I was going to go the akra route with EAS for my exhaust .... Now I'll have to check with them how they handle warranty issues with that ..... I don't want to deal with AKRA in case there's an issue if EAS can't help me with it
Unfortunate that a company doesn't capitilize on an opportunity to do right by a customer but I think you should be pretty safe warranty wise on the akra. No moving parts. The worst thing that could happen is a weld could fail but a lot of people on the forums run these and I've never heard of an issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 02:23 PM   #9
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:

Let me know if they do not follow up, so I can assist.

If within 30 days we typically swap the part with another if in stock. After 30 days, warranty issues must be handled by the manufacturers directly as they have their own policies in place for these types of things. Akrapovic is a bit of a different story since we are local to them in SoCal, so the communication with a neighbor is always much stronger than say a vendor that is ~3000mi away with only email contact.

Depending on your original purchase date (I do not have your name or invoice number), you are likely covered so a replacement will be inbound soon. Let me know by PM if LUX doesn't contact you by Monday and I'll help get the ball rolling.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 10:44 PM   #10
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Why not just PM them? They are active here.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=115
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 10:45 PM   #11
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ray
Why not just PM them? They are active here.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=115
Already did ... Day before .... No response yet
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 10:49 PM   #12
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Already did ... Day before .... No response yet
Well that's concerning.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 12:08 PM   #13
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

If a product is still within warranty we of course will get it replaced. Please just send me an e-mail to Sales@LuxAngelEyes.com and it doesn't matter where these were purchased. Even if a product is past the 1-year warranty we will always work with you to get them repaired for a minimal cost or offer a discount on a new set.

K-M3 - Sorry i want on the forum this weekend to respond to your post sooner. I sent you a response earlier today as well
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #14
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes
If a product is still within warranty we of course will get it replaced. Please just send me an e-mail to Sales@LuxAngelEyes.com and it doesn't matter where these were purchased. Even if a product is past the 1-year warranty we will always work with you to get them repaired for a minimal cost or offer a discount on a new set.

K-M3 - Sorry i want on the forum this weekend to respond to your post sooner. I sent you a response earlier today as well
No prob.... Will email u the details
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #15
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes

Email sent today .... Thanks!!
Appreciate 0