home
E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum Photos, Videos, Builds

09-24-2014, 11:06 PM   #573
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Having a rubbing issue up front still with the hankook. not sure if its related to having more aggressive pads now and compressing the front more under braking reducing my ride height and rubbing or what but decided to call it a season a little early and am going to go to work on my off season projects for the car. only got 2.5 days out of the c51 or about 18-20 heat cycles, some of which were ran after i corded.

As of now i plan to scrape and remove sound deadening, thin and pull wiring, address the vanos bolts, track down a small oil leak im having, pull and massage the front fenders to allow 280-650-18 tires.

If money is okay i may also do a 3.91 ring and pinion swap, fabricate a front splitter that will also replace the plastic undertray, apr rear wing, finish the front half of the cage and whatever else i can to lighten the car further. goal is to have it under 2900lbs.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 10-02-2014 at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #574
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

scraping sound deadening is not very fun and neither is chasing wire. ended up getting about 25 lbs of sound material out and about 15 lbs of wiring and random brackets and such out of the car so far. dont think as much is coming out as i expected so will probably end up in the 2925 range this time around.
Attached Images

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #575
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

few more shots to show some progress. little worried about reassembly of the dash so that everything works still.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 02:50 AM   #576
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

ordered omp wrc wheel and braille battery should get me right at 2900 i think.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 01:02 AM   #577
dc640
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Looking good my friend. You peeled those sound deadning material pretty clean.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 05:41 AM   #578
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Pull out the sound deadening behind the dash slacker.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 08:18 AM   #579
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Pull out the sound deadening behind the dash slacker.
I did but had to wait until I had the dash off to get at it better.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #580
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Car dropped off to have vannos bolts done and pull the fenders. Also picked up a set of Conti scrubs, thanks mark.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #581
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

finished the sound deadening clean up and rattle canned the interior so all silver again. car is at AR in portland for the vanos bolt replacement/solenoid rebuild, and ran into broken exhaust hub and damaged oil plate. got dr vannos replacements kryo treated and new water pump from turner since it is original part. they also tracked down oil leak to that area just behind thermostat housing there is plug that backs out due to vibration from vanos going bad.

also picked up a set of VAC floor plates to level back out my flooring since everything is out of there. anxious to have it back and reassemble even though no track plans for some time here. Also going to realign with more front camber probably go to -4 and get final weight at same time. hoping sub 2900.

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #582
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Car is back and spent today doing reassemble. Braille battery is in, omp wheel, vac floor plates , flushed power steering and tranny. Doing differential tomorrow but need to pick up a 14 mm hex for the drain and fill plugs. Ended up just under 2900 dry and high 2900s with full tank.

Need to heat cycle my maxxis this weekend but unsure it will be doable since high temp is supposed to be 44.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 08:20 AM   #583
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD
Car is back and spent today doing reassemble. Braille battery is in, omp wheel, vac floor plates , flushed power steering and tranny. Doing differential tomorrow but need to pick up a 14 mm hex for the drain and fill plugs. Ended up just under 2900 dry and high 2900s with full tank.

Need to heat cycle my maxxis this weekend but unsure it will be doable since high temp is supposed to be 44.
Pics!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #584
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

not much to see just new wheel and floor plates. looks little more cleaned up with some of the wiring gone and the interior all painted tiag like the car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4982.50
      11-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #585
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

here is a shot of the braille 17lb battery. ended up saving 32lbs with this mod. hopefully it works okay for me. car is always on battery tender at home and isnt driven on the street anymore, no plates, insurance or registration. so should be fine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 12:38 PM   #586
Roundown
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
not much to see just new wheel and floor plates. looks little more cleaned up with some of the wiring gone and the interior all painted tiag like the car.
Looks good. 2900 is impressive.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #587
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
That is a calculated number based on what I added and removed weighing each item. Should be close but not exact.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 01:32 PM   #588
Roundown
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
That is a calculated number based on what I added and removed weighing each item. Should be close but not exact.
Either way- nicely done.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #589
ThunderMoose
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: PY E46 M3 and SG E46 M3

Are you active on M3forum.net? Those guys would enjoy your build.

Looking good.

I removed door windows and headlamps this weekend. I also pulled out my passenger seat. Hoping to get below 3000 lbs. I still have sound dampening. I haven't read through your entire build. Do you have CF hood or truck? Our cars appear to be similarly gutted but you're much lighter.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #590
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
Are you active on M3forum.net? Those guys would enjoy your build.

Looking good.

I removed door windows and headlamps this weekend. I also pulled out my passenger seat. Hoping to get below 3000 lbs. I still have sound dampening. I haven't read through your entire build. Do you have CF hood or truck? Our cars appear to be similarly gutted but you're much lighter.
I have cf hood, bimmerworld race exhaust, sound deadening all removed, cf sunroof blank, light weight battery, half cage, cut out bracketry, all airbags out and sensors, wiring thinned, and so on.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #591
ThunderMoose
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: PY E46 M3 and SG E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I have cf hood, bimmerworld race exhaust, sound deadening all removed, cf sunroof blank, light weight battery, half cage, cut out bracketry, all airbags out and sensors, wiring thinned, and so on.
I have CF roof, CF headlight blanks, interior completely gutted, door windows and cards removed, BW exhaust, CPI stepped catless headers, AC delete, SAP delete, mechanical fan delete, all air bags removed, radio harness removed.

I have SMG though so that's probably 20 lbs with pump and actuator. I heard sound deadening is about 20 lbs. I'll probably re-install my Evolve CF intake early next year which is another few pounds.

I'll post my corner balance specs next time I get it done.

What have you done engine wise? I had Evolve Alpha-N-Tune but I had issues with misfires. I took everything back to stock and rebuilt vanos this spring which fixed misfires. I put the CPI headers and BW exhaust back on and got the Epic race tune. Car is running great. I haven't dyno'd the car but I estimate 300 to the wheels. I'll do live dyno tuning when I put the Evolve box back on, looking for 315 whp. I see some guys getting 340-360 with 288/280 cams, CSL style box, stepped headers and high flow exhaust, and TTFS tune. I'd be happy ending up at 340 if I do upgrade cams.

I run in NASA TT3, so 3000 lbs and 315 whp with SMG and aero (if I ever get it) would put me at min adjusted wt/hp for that class.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 10:04 PM   #592
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have CF roof, CF headlight blanks, interior completely gutted, door windows and cards removed, BW exhaust, CPI stepped catless headers, AC delete, SAP delete, mechanical fan delete, all air bags removed, radio harness removed.

I have SMG though so that's probably 20 lbs with pump and actuator. I heard sound deadening is about 20 lbs. I'll probably re-install my Evolve CF intake early next year which is another few pounds.

What have you done engine wise? I had Evolve Alpha-N-Tune but I had issues with misfires. I took everything back to stock and rebuilt vanos this spring which fixed misfires. I put the CPI headers and BW exhaust back on and got the Epic race tune. Car is running great. I haven't dyno'd the car but I estimate 300 to the wheels. I'll do live dyno tuning when I put the Evolve box back on, looking for 315 whp. I see some guys getting 340-360 with 288/280 cams, CSL style box, stepped headers and high flow exhaust, and TTFS tune. I'd be happy ending up at 340 if I do upgrade cams.

I run in NASA TT3, so 3000 lbs and 315 whp with SMG and aero (if I ever get it) would put me at min adjusted wt/hp for that class.
i had it weighed upon initial build and it was 3250. since then removed sunroof and motor, sound deadening, floor mats, sliders, center console, added light weight battery, omp steering wheel, bw race exhaust, bbk, pulled stereo harness, air bags and modules, door cards, all the front half carpet, stereo, all the speakers, amp, dead pedal and all trim, lighter wheels and dont remember what else and weighed each item coming out. my guess is its at 2900-2940 with small amount of gas. could be off i suppose but still sub 3000.

engine has cai, epic tune, pulleys, vannos just was handled this off season, euro header and i figure the same im at about 300 whp. may look to do cams, aero, differential and lightweight flywheel clutch in future.

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 11-23-2014 at 11:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #593
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

looking good 1MOREMOD!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #594
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:

Nice seeing you at TWS again. Love what you did to your E46. It's a true racecar now! Hopefully on my time off I can put my E92 on a diet too, and get down to sub 3300 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
i had it weighed upon initial build and it was 3250. since then removed sunroof and motor, sound deadening, floor mats, sliders, center console, added light weight battery, omp steering wheel, bw race exhaust, bbk, pulled stereo harness, air bags and modules, door cards, all the front half carpet, stereo, all the speakers, amp, dead pedal and all trim, lighter wheels and dont remember what else and weighed each item coming out. my guess is its at 2900-2940 with small amount of gas. could be off i suppose but still sub 3000.

engine has cai, epic tune, pulleys, vannos just was handled this off season, euro header and i figure the same im at about 300 whp. may look to do cams, aero, differential and lightweight flywheel clutch in future.
Nice build! Hoping to put mine on a weight loss program too!

Akra GT4 / MS Stage 2 / MS UDP / BPM Tune / KW CS / H&R Sways / TMS Delrin / ST 380/355 BBK / Cantrell 2.5" Ducts / SR34 Pads / Apex Arc-8 / Hoosier R7's / Mode GT4 Splitter / GT4 Canards / APR GT-250 Wing / Cantrell Half Cage / Recaro Pro Racer / Schroth Profi II-6 / BMW Alcantera Wheel / Cool Shirt / ESS Fire Supp / Solo DL
Appreciate 0