E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Changing n55's HPFP from Continental to BOSCH?

05-03-2024, 01:51 PM   #1
globalspirit
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90

Post Changing n55's HPFP from Continental to BOSCH?

Hi all 👋

I haven't found any definitive answers for this question after crawling the whole internet yet and really hope you are able to help me out with this one..

I have a BMW 335i E90 (PWG) from 03/2010 that recently let me down (spun bearing). After a few weeks of mourning and dealing with the mental and financial pain, I bought another engine. The donor engine comes from a BMW 335i F30 (PWG) from 10/2012. Compared to my old N55 engine, the newer variant has a few differences, the main one I'm a bit concerned about is the high-pressure fuel system from BOSCH. My old N55 engine has the HPFP from CONTINENTAL (similar to that of the N54 engine). The difference from Continental and BOSCH are vacuum pump, HPFP and speed-position sensor(Installed on vacuum pump).

My specific question and concern are: will my DME(MEVD17.2) be able to control the new variant HPFP from BOSCH? Standard its controlled by late model DME MEVD172.6 of F3x. Does the old MEVD17.2 need to be flashed/programmed for the pump to work properly?

By checking ISTA, I found that my current MEVD17.2 also has pins for the HPFP speed sensor and that they are in the same position as MEVD172.6. At least that's what the circuit diagram of ISTA is telling me.
Appreciate 0