F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > E-Cigarettes
Studio RSR
Closed Thread

07-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #23
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Yes I was in ernest about what I said. But by your defenition I won't probably ever quit. I take breaks would be what I do according to you. I'm fully aware of the ramifications of tobacco and am a life long athlete. I also am in health care and should know better, but I guess I have a risk taker mentality. I chew, gamble, drink, race cars, powerlift, and compete in a lot of sports. I feel like I need several outlets for my energies. Chewing goes and something else will have to take over!
I can relate. We each have to live our life our own way. No point in being unhappy living one's life someone else's way.

BTW, my definition of quitting is that of the ACS. I suspect their absolute-ism stance on quitting is why the success rate for doing it is so low. I don't know if there are statistics on the percentages of folks who take long breaks, with a further breakdown of the percentages by length of the break.

You are neither the only nor last person to try equating long breaks with quitting. Given the stigma accompanying smoking, it's no wonder folks want to bend the definition of what is really a very finite term.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #24
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Yes I was in ernest about what I said. But by your defenition I won't probably ever quit. I take breaks would be what I do according to you. I'm fully aware of the ramifications of tobacco and am a life long athlete. I also am in health care and should know better, but I guess I have a risk taker mentality. I chew, gamble, drink, race cars, powerlift, and compete in a lot of sports. I feel like I need several outlets for my energies. Chewing goes and something else will have to take over!
I think you are a copy of me,it's almost my story of live,and i know how it is man,so you have all my respect
BTW,now it will be interesting........
Do you know of heard something from 23andMe ?
My wife and i ,we have done it....the test,you know the Chromosomes .....the Genetic testing !
We all have 23 pairs of it,you need to send your spittle to them(sample) and they will update you with the results..and they see all in this sample !
For example...heritable diseases...when you will get it....and why ! (how many % of chance)
Why this all ?you can look into the future of you'r own future live .......
So you can see...is it worth to quit smoking or not,you know people can die very young(and without smoking),and yes also in my family !
Also....i know reading stuff like this can give some depression,but sadly enough...it's the reality !
I personal...i'm very realistic with things like this, and i hope that everyone get very old,but old and decay is also
So for the people who want to take a look in the future of there live https://www.23andme.com/

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 07-25-2013 at 04:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #25
wuzupfoo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3; G30 540i

I would say they are relatively odorless. There is a faint smell of whatever flavor you're vaping but not very strong at all. Also it doesn't linger on stuff so its not like cig smoke where you know immediately that person is smoking or not.

These things are blowing up in popularity, not literally lol!, in So Cal. Ive been on it since April and though I agree its definitely not the same, my strategy on switching over was pretty effective, Im actually more addicted to the e-cig than to regular cigs. I know this cause every once in awhile I will smoke a real one and it leaves me unsatisfied and wondering why I even bothered. I just don't get the satis anymore which is great!

Btw the way I did it was basically increase the comparable nicotine dosage on a e-cig. I was already trying to cut down and was smoking ultra lights so when I started to vape I started with the 12 mg. This gave me quite the nic buzz and soon I found myself searching for the vape instead of the usual ultra light cig. Now after a couple months of that I have brought it back down to 6mg. Im starting to experiment (mix my own solution) and slowly lower dosage so eventually the goal is to vape with no nicotine at all. At which point Im hoping to get rid of this habit completely.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #26
wuzupfoo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3; G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I think you are a copy of me,it's almost my story of live,and i know how it is man,so you have all my respect
BTW,now it will be interesting........
Do you know of heard something from 23andMe ?
My wife and i ,we have done it....the test,you know the Chromosomes .....the Genetic testing !
We all have 23 pairs of it,you need to send your spittle to them(sample) and they will update you with the results..and they see all in this sample !
For example...heritable diseases...when you will get it....and why ! (how many % of chance)
Why this all ?you can look into the future of you'r own future live .......
So you can see...is it worth to quit smoking or not,you know people can die very young(and without smoking),and yes also in my family !
Also....i know reading stuff like this can give some depression,but sadly enough...it's the reality !
I personal...i'm very realistic with things like this, and i hope that everyone get very old,but old and decay is also
So for the people who want to take a look in the future of there live https://www.23andme.com/
That's a really cool website.. I didn't know this was commercially available. I may have to do this just out of curiosity.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #27
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzupfoo View Post
That's a really cool website.. I didn't know this was commercially available. I may have to do this just out of curiosity.
Agreed,but prepare yourself for some emotional impact !
Why???...for example....when you know for about 90% sure that you will get disease X or Y ?!?!and at that age !
The pleasant thing was....they say you from where you came,actualy your very..first... first ancestors....and from what continent ?!?!
You can not even imagine this...and i assure you,this is always a very big surprise !
My reaction was.....me from .....?!?! NO,NO but it's for 100% sure,and this is from more than 100,000 years ago.....WOW

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 07-25-2013 at 06:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #28
ZROFCKSGVN
Hi Hater
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Reckless

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #29
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Agreed,but prepare yourself for some emotional impact !
Why???...for example....when you know for about 90% sure that you will get disease X or Y ?!?!and at that age ! ...
I suppose such revelations can affect one is multiple ways. One could learn that with 90% certainty that one will live to be 90 or more. But knowing that that was before one took up smoking, it could be a positive thing too. Or knowing one has saved enough to afford to live that long, one may feel more comfortable taking up cigarette smoking.

Some things I think humans, as we exist today, don't need to know. Not because in an of itself knowing is a bad thing, but because most humans had a minor "god comlex" and are control freaks. As a species, we want to control everything, think we are infallible, and feel that fixing every little ill is a step in the right direction.

It doesn't bother me that individuals might learn these sorts of things about themselves. What concerns me is how societies, cultures, governments and other organizations might want us to use the information, or how they might directly or indirectly force individuals to use the information in certain ways. In short, I don't like the potential for for information of this nature to become yet another basis of competitiveness among people/peoples.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #30
RollingLower42
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335I

Garage List
This cracked me up LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZROFCKSGVN View Post
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #31
RollingLower42
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashman View Post
+1 that is just plain silly.
LOL, it's not like the E-Cigs run off gasoline. It is usually just a ceramic heating element. How would that explode?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #32
beemerdude5150
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 Loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingLower42 View Post
You need a Atmos pens to do actual flowers. Most of them you want to use Mary Jane shatter, or BHO oil...
Somebodys a professional!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #33
RollingLower42
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerdude5150 View Post
Somebodys a professional!
LOL

Your location is San Francisco? I take it you are likely a professional yourself then too? LOL

I really want to go back up to SF. I have only been there once a few years ago, and remember it was soooo much fun. It is so much more relaxed and chill up there. Everyone blazes everywhere and no one says anything. I love it. I remember visiting Haight and Ashbury street (Probably spelled wrong) and remember so many head shops with nice glass everywhere. ROOR's and what not. We also hit up Golden State park. My friend said we had to check out "Hippie Hill". That was great! A nice sunny day, a group of drummers at the bottom of the hill playing tunes and then just a grip of random people blazing on the hill. I want to go back!! I remember some guy gave me a brownie for free. What a dope guy! Anyways, ah SF, you are my oasis. LOL, LA isn't bad, it just seemed like SF was so chill!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #34
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

So if you do use e-cig, have you ever "tapped the butt off" just as you would with a regular cig? I have. LOL

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #35
beemerdude5150
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 Loaded

Quote:
LOL

Your location is San Francisco? I take it you are likely a professional yourself then too? LOL

I really want to go back up to SF. I have only been there once a few years ago, and remember it was soooo much fun. It is so much more relaxed and chill up there. Everyone blazes everywhere and no one says anything. I love it. I remember visiting Haight and Ashbury street (Probably spelled wrong) and remember so many head shops with nice glass everywhere. ROOR's and what not. We also hit up Golden State park. My friend said we had to check out "Hippie Hill". That was great! A nice sunny day, a group of drummers at the bottom of the hill playing tunes and then just a grip of random people blazing on the hill. I want to go back!! I remember some guy gave me a brownie for free. What a dope guy! Anyways, ah SF, you are my oasis. LOL, LA isn't bad, it just seemed like SF was so chill!

That stuff is everywhere around here. Im only familiar with because my brother runs a med center in dwntwn oak. Yeah sf is very chill. For the most part.

I have a vape pen that has the attachment. I barely use it but its pretty cool. Gotta get the glass globe attachment for it if you like wax. Its like upgrading your exhaust lol. I get around out here alot. If and when youre in town send me a pm ill show you whatsup. If you like that stuff my bro is your best friend haha

Last edited by beemerdude5150; 07-26-2013 at 01:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #36
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL

Your location is San Francisco? ...

... It is so much more relaxed and chill up there. Everyone blazes everywhere and no one says anything. I love it. I remember visiting Haight and Ashbury street (Probably spelled wrong) and remember so many head shops with nice glass everywhere. ROOR's and what not. We also hit up Golden State park. My friend said we had to check out "Hippie Hill". That was great! A nice sunny day, a group of drummers at the bottom of the hill playing tunes and then just a grip of random people blazing on the hill. I want to go back!! I remember some guy gave me a brownie for free. What a dope guy! Anyways, ah SF, you are my oasis. LOL, LA isn't bad, it just seemed like SF was so chill!
I don't think the generally relaxed stance is limited to SF and L.A. I spent some time a bit south of there in Santa Cruz, Monterrey and Carmel. It seemed to be pretty "chill" as well. Personally, I think if one is within 50 miles of the PCH, it'll be that way. Though I haven't ventured to the northern part of the state, SF and Sacramento are as far as I've spent any great amount of time. Besides forests, and parks and such, is there anything in northern CA? (I think of SF as the central part of the state, not the north, but I know it's referred to as Northern CA.)

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #37
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Quote:
LOL

Finally bought a ROOR a few months back, great purchase (German engineering!)...for my... uhh... tobacco. I also smoke cigarettes though... and I agree with everyone that they're going to kill us all, but they're so damn tasty! For me, the e-cigs are a fail because none of them can provide an adequate 'throat-hit' -- I've tried a few, I end up inhaling until I can't see straight but it never really replicates actually smoking for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #38
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I never heard of a e cig or vaporizer pen exploding lol. How would that even happen??
So never heard of it ............check this out

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #39
ZROFCKSGVN
Hi Hater
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Reckless

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #40
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
My sister is an oncologist, smokers keep her quite busy. I literally don't get it, smoking is one of the best top ten chances for getting cancer, why take this ridiculous chance?
I'm going to assume you ask that rhetorically.

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #41
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

Just do cold turkey! I did it after 19 years of HEAVY smoking...I have been clean for 9 years
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #42
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
Just do cold turkey! I did it after 19 years of HEAVY smoking...I have been clean for 9 years
I suspect that works if one is trying to quit. I've decided to stop lying to myself and saying/thinking I'm going to quit. I'm trying these e-cigs in the hope that they'll at least be better than the real thing, but not because I think it'll help me stop completely. If I get to the point were I think I really can stop completely, perhaps then too I will want to and indeed stop smoking.

The consequences of smoking aren't lost on me, but then neither is the reality of what it'll take of me to stop. I might fool someone else, but I'm fooling myself.

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #43
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

That's a little harsh. We are all surrounded by dangers every day. No telling which one will kill you. I get that you don't want to take undue risks like smoking but you could lump in a lot of other vices there also including driving at the track. Making an informed decision is what should be done. And don't bitch and whine if it turns out for the worse. That being said I'm going out and getting loaded!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #44
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post

Let me ask you this... if you get diagnosed with lung cancer next week, are you gonna quit then, or are you just gonna ride it out to the end?

Stop cold turkey now before it fucks up your life and you die.
Diagnosed next week? I'd keep smoking if it wasn't too painful to do so. Most folks thusly diagnosed don't last m ore than a year, or at least that's my understanding. I'm hardly going to quit smoking for the sake of something only very slightly more than a year, if it even amounts to that.

As far as living a long time goes, I'm fine if I do; I'm fine if I don't. My only real desire in that regard is to live 8 more years at the least so that my youngest child is 25 before I go.

The only reason I need to live that long -- IMO -- is so my ex-wife doesn't get any share of my estate, and instead my kids get it all. My divorce settlement allows her 1/6th of my estate (not including family heirlooms, assets and cash and cash equivalents passed to me from my ancestors) for each child under 25 should I per-decease her and them. If they give her anything of their own volition, I don't have an issue with that, for she still their mother and loves them just as do I. But for now, she' got herself a rich husband and they don't need my money as far as I'm concerned.

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread