F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > XPEL Stock
Extreme Powerhouse

Yesterday, 01:58 PM   #1
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
XPEL Stock

XPEL stock is down almost 20% since their latest earnings call. The results were definitely not great, but I feel like the drop in price now brings it to a reasonable P/E of around 20x.

How many of you currently have XPEL PPF, and would you get it on your next car? My F87 is the first car I had it installed, and the only car of my 4 that has it. I know the car market is slowing in general, but I think the mid to high level segment is still pretty strong, where owners are more likely to get PPF.

I know the next car I get that is >$60K or so will get PPF. The protection is really good IMO and washing the car is a breeze.

Do you think XPEL will continue to grow, and would you be a buyer of XPEL at roughly a $1B market cap?
Appreciate 1
Burrcold5496.50
      Yesterday, 02:08 PM   #2
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

I don’t keep my cars long enough to make paying for PPF worth it. It’s nice when someone else has already paid for it. I know nothing about their financials so can’t say whether I’think it’s a good buy. Investing is easier if you just buy SP 500 fund and bitcoin/eth.
Appreciate 2
Burrcold5496.50
mfarrzhp1494.00
      Yesterday, 03:14 PM   #3
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

I'm surprised and not surprised by the drop in Xpel stock prices. Xpel is starting to be synonymous with PPF like 3M "Scotch" is with tape. I have started noticing that many of my local detail/ppf shops are starting to move away from Xpel and go with Stek and SunTek, or they are procuring their own in-house branded brands (higher end shops). The cost of Xpel to vendors has gone up by almost 40% in the past 24 months as well...even more of a reason for shops to look elsewhere to keep their own costs within market.
mfarrzhp1494.00
      Yesterday, 03:27 PM   #4
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
I don’t keep my cars long enough to make paying for PPF worth it. It’s nice when someone else has already paid for it. I know nothing about their financials so can’t say whether I’think it’s a good buy. Investing is easier if you just buy SP 500 fund and bitcoin/eth.
Yeah, the majority of my investments are S&P 500 and Nasdaq ETFs, but I like to allocate 1-3% in certain stocks, especially if I feel like I know something beyond the financials of the company that most people don’t. I hadn’t heard of PPF 6-7 years ago, and now it seems like at least half of the F87 CS forum has it on their cars.

I know Porsches and Ferrari owners have been doing it for a while, and for some reason Tesla owners are big on PPF as well.

I won’t retire if XPEL stock doubles, but it would pay for the PPF on my car. I shop at Costco because it’s a great experience, but also because I own a position in the stock it makes me feel like I’m spending the money I gained on the investment. It’s a weird rationalization I do in my mind.

I’m a PPF believer, it’s saved me a couple times, just not sure if XPEL will remain the name brand leader in the space.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #5
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
The PPF market is very competitive. There's LLumar/Suntek (Both are owned by Eastman), 3M (The OG), Stek, Kavaca, etc. XPEL hasn't really released anything ground breaking and is just releasing the same thing everyone else. Thicker PPF and built in Ceramic Coating are the two newest things in the PPF Market.

To be honest I'm a bit shocked they're a publicly traded company LOL.

I do have XPEL Black on my roof and LLumar Platinum the rest of my car and I am pro PPF. This is like my first PPF experience with my BMW M4 and I don't regret it. On my old cars, rocks/sand would cause pitting in my bumper and on my 2nd car there was debris kicked up from another car and scratched the front fender, drive door, and driver mirror. That was about a $1600 repair since it needed to repaint the fender, mirror, and driver door, and blended with the hood and quarter panel above the driver door. If I had PPF, I probably wouldn't need a respray. Insurance did cover it after my deductible though, but it was just a hassle and since my car was pearl white, it didn't quite match up in certain angles or lighting after the respray.

Would I buy XPEL in the future? Only if that's what the shop offered and I trusted the shop but I would not go out of my way just to buy XPEL. Since I have LLumar on my car and I've liked it and since it's been taking a 5+ year beating as being a daily driver and being parked outside, I am not buying into any hype that one PPF is better than another. LLumar isn't a big name in PPF like XPEL or 3M or Stek so if one shop is charging me more just for a brand name, I am not going there lol.

All of the warranty is similar except 3M/Scotchguard. 3M/Scotchguard used to offer repairing your vehicle if something broke through the PPF and damaged the paint underneath. Everything else is like 10 Year against cracking, yellowing, and bubbling -- similar to Tint but tint is lifetime. There are some films warranting for 12 years now too.

I think Nvidia is a safe choice to buy if we're talking about investing or anything in the AI market. I've made the most money with Nvidia though lol.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #6
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Hard pass. You couldn't pay me to cover my cars with PPF.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:31 PM   #7
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Hard pass. You couldn't pay me to cover my cars with PPF.
Why?
      Yesterday, 08:52 PM   #8
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
I'm surprised and not surprised by the drop in Xpel stock prices. Xpel is starting to be synonymous with PPF like 3M "Scotch" is with tape. I have started noticing that many of my local detail/ppf shops are starting to move away from Xpel and go with Stek and SunTek, or they are procuring their own in-house branded brands (higher end shops). The cost of Xpel to vendors has gone up by almost 40% in the past 24 months as well...even more of a reason for shops to look elsewhere to keep their own costs within market.

That's what we have in our shop because XPEL won't even sell to you unless they want to expand in the region. Since I'm right next to an XPEL shop and there are many established and matured businesses in the region, guess what they said to us?

Nvidia is overbought, expect the AI bubble to burst soon. Too many idiots getting into the space having no idea what they're doing and they think throwing money into h/b100s makes them print money. It will have the same trickle down effect on datacenters - many gigs being built right now not since the likes or 04 or 97, but expect a dump in any DC stocks in the next 6-12 months.