F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Need Morning Supplement AND Post-Workout supplement
ARMA SPEED

01-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Need Morning Supplement AND Post-Workout supplement

Hey guys,

So last year I was at around 175 lbs and I am 6'. So it is not that bad, but there was move from improvement. Now, I had to stop working out for 4 months and I am back at around 160 lbs... I am skinny and hating it. I want to lose the final 2-3 lbs I have around my stomach, and start building mass.

Here is what I will be doing in a summary:

15 minutes elliptical
10 minute jogging
--> Main Fitness Program
--> Abs

This will be done 6 to 7 times a week.

I am already very strict on my diet, and I will be even more. The only problem is that I am always hungry at around 10:30AM/11AM. I was thinking of doing my self a morning shake with 2 egg whites, yogurt and fruits. I was wondering if there was any mass gainer I could add to this? Would that be a good idea or actually make me fat?

Second question is regarding my post-workout recovery. Like last summer, working out every day is pretty hard on my body, but last summer I was using http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4012200. Now, I have been reading and most people say that GNC is garbage. So what would you guys recommend? I do not want to use Creatine or anything. I thought the GNC was working well for me. I could perform very well everyday!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 02:48 AM   #2
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep
Drives: Something loud and heavy

I take a T-booster (medical issues not just gaining muscle mass), along with V-Armor and protein shake.

post workout= I stack my protein with BCAA powder (I take Recon by MP) to feed my muscle to the max and to break up the taste of protein shakes (I take 3 of them daily).

All of my supplements are by Muscle Pharm, not a fanboy by any means, it just works the best for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motif View Post
I take a T-booster (medical issues not just gaining muscle mass), along with V-Armor and protein shake.

post workout= I stack my protein with BCAA powder (I take Recon by MP) to feed my muscle to the max and to break up the taste of protein shakes (I take 3 of them daily).

All of my supplements are by Muscle Pharm, not a fanboy by any means, it just works the best for me.
If the OP wants to stay away from creatine, i'm sure he will go no where near a test booster.

OP, why do you not want to add creatine?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
Patrick303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motif View Post

+1

I take a protein shake first thing in the morning. Your body will start feeding off itself until you give it protein in the morning.

I also take a protein shake with BCAA immediately following my workouts. I personally take CytoSport CytoGainer. Pretty good calorie content to build size, 54 grams of protein per shake, and low sugar and fat content compared to most others I've tried. And the chocolate malt tastes pretty good!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

2 scoops protein
bannana
table spoon of PB
milk

There you go there is your gainer shake right there.

Pre-workout
Have a meal about an hour before you hit the gym and a simple shake right before you walk out the door. Why? The nutrients from that meal and shake will be broken down and used to replenish your muscles RIGHT after your workout. The notion that your POST workout meal and shake are most important is a myth, since the nutrients indested from the POST meals won't be digested and absorbed for well over an hour.

And don't skip on the yolk, some of the most important nutrients are located in the egg yolk.

Post workout
2x scoops of protein mixed with some simple carbs (anything with decent amount of sugar) you can throw in the BCAA's too
shower relax
now have your meal

By real food will make your grow, don't fall into the notion that supplements is the way to go. Make sure to eat plenty of real food.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Just cycle in some test cyp for 10 weeks, use a proper PCT and call it a day..
I keed, I keed..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Just cycle in some test cyp for 10 weeks, use a proper PCT and call it a day..
I keed, I keed..
Mix it with some Tren if you really want to make the gym your bitch..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Mix it with some Tren if you really want to make the gym your bitch..
Now were talking! Just make sure you have some caber on hand to battle the prolactin build up side effects..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep

Quote:
2 scoops protein
bannana
table spoon of PB
milk

Pre-workout
Have a meal about an hour before you hit the gym and a simple shake right before you walk out the door. Why? The nutrients from that meal and shake will be broken down and used to replenish your muscles RIGHT after your workout. The notion that your POST workout meal and shake are most important is a myth, since the nutrients indested from the POST meals won't be digested and absorbed for well over an hour.

And don't skip on the yolk, some of the most important nutrients are located in the egg yolk.

Post workout
2x scoops of protein mixed with some simple carbs (anything with decent amount of sugar) you can throw in the BCAA's too
shower relax
now have your meal

By real food will make your grow, don't fall into the notion that supplements is the way to go. Make sure to eat plenty of real food.
Ok so I'll do your shake in the morning... but just to be sure, I should take a shake PRE and POST workout? That is a sh*** load of scoops in one day...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #10
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep
Drives: Something loud and heavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
If the OP wants to stay away from creatine, i'm sure he will go no where near a test booster.

OP, why do you not want to add creatine?
I second that...Whats with creatine dislike? If more info needed on the subject, please look here
http://www.creatine.com/en/index.php

I was just showing an example what a morning intake could look like. Its been pretty successful to me and i do not take any creatine (stand alone intake anyway) at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #11
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Why don't you just eat normal food, instead of the shakes?

Sure, shakes are easy to make and quick, but food is so much better overall...
      01-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #12
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Why don't you just eat normal food, instead of the shakes?

Sure, shakes are easy to make and quick, but food is so much better overall...
I will do both that is for sure. Not only shakes!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #13
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
I will do both that is for sure. Not only shakes!

I'm a fan of just eating pre and post workouts. Not junk, but good food, and the right food.
      01-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #14
Rob@StrasseWheels
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G80 M3 Comp

Quote:
2 scoops protein
banana
table spoon of PB
milk

Pre-workout

Post workout
shower relax
now have your meal

Very good advice right here!

OP: For us skinny tall guys which it's insanely hard to gain mass. Eating right/healthy and taking in the correct amount of protein/calories/carbs is the biggest battle we have.

I personally take 'Dark Matter' as my post workout shake immediately as I leave the gym and I also take 'CytoGainer" as my weight gainer shake in the morning, afternoon and right before bed. Why before bed? Because as you sleep your body consumes protein and the more protein intake you'll have, the better the result you'll get. If you get a 'Casein' protein it'll be an extra because Casein protein is a slow digesting protein and would be best to take before bed.

I personally like to stay away from Creatine because it gives you water weight which I personally do not want... Another thing you may want to do for the 'belly fat' is switch up the ab work outs, surprise your body. Don't do the same ab work outs everyday. Alsom don't forget to give your body some rest, don't over do it and tire your body out.

I'm still learning as I go but from this I went from 170 to 188 at my peak. I'm 6'2" and had a pretty decent stomach. We all have our own view/opinions on our bodies and will all see differently but in the end, we're all looking to fix our appearance,build!

Good luck!

@Strasse_Robert | (786)701-3649 | Robert@StrasseWheels.com | www.StrasseWheels.com
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #15
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
Ok so I'll do your shake in the morning... but just to be sure, I should take a shake PRE and POST workout? That is a sh*** load of scoops in one day...
You misunderstood me, I'm just giving you examples of how to make a gainer shake and what to inject pre and post meal. Personally I do not rely on shakes too much. Real for is what will make the difference and not the cheap whey imported here from China.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #16
Antilag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

If you want to build mass, you are going to have to consume atleast 1 gram of protein per pound of your body weight per day. I weigh 197 and consume anywhere between 220-260 grams per day. You will see results if you do this. However, you need to drink a lot of water (1-1.5 gallons per day) to keep your kidneys flushed.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #17
BoostedE90
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i 6MT

To keep it simple (and this has worked for me for years now) in the monring mulit-vitamin, protien shake, 5000mg of arginine, and 5000mg of glutamine. Post-work out it's important to take a good amount of glutamine (5000mg to 7500mg) to minimize muscle loss and a good source of protien. If you are taking a good protien then the a good amount of BCAA's should be included.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #18
Conrad456
Rep
Drives: BMW

You can take protein shakes, yogurt, or some other protein foods as a post workout food to recover your energy and get help in muscles building.

Last edited by Conrad456; 04-20-2013 at 07:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #19
druu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8

Syntha-6 by BSN is my protein shake of choice. High amounts of protein and a good amount of calories (enough to help gain weight, not too much where it's unhealthy). It tastes pretty good too. The cookies and creme, and chocolate flavors are very palatable.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #20
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

In a blender, I throw in:
2 scoops vanilla http://www.inteknutrition.com/PRODUC...N/protein.html
2 measured cups of http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu...-mootopia-milk
2 measured cups http://bolthouse.com/product/vanillachaitea
1 banana
1 cup blueberries
2 handfuls of baby spinach

It makes enough for ~2 20oz smoothies, each with 52g/protein. I have one to start my day, and one post workout.

Last edited by whats77inaname; 05-23-2013 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #21
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

i only take 2 supplements: fish fat lozenges and ginseng (the good stuff, not the tea bags)
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #22
flyzipper
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Garage List
Everyone else is offering advice on supplements, which is what you asked, but regarding your workouts, you said, "This will be done 6 to 7 times a week", and, "working out every day is pretty hard on my body".

Do less.

You need rest time to recover and no supplement will change that.
Appreciate 0