F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Need to gain weight (muscle) after losing 60 lbs. NEED YOUR SUGGESTIONS
Extreme Powerhouse

07-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #67
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
when you lose weight its not only fat you lose, the weight can be taken from muscle.
so you wont be losing just fat, but more muscle then fat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw View Post
No. When you cut, you will lose some lean body mass, the amount depends on the length and quality of the cut. But if I cut 20 pounds, I will not lose "more muscle than fat," that would be ridiculous. You lose fat, water weight, glycogen, and some lean body mass.
Bob's right, it depends on the deficit.

That's why you get these bro's cutting to 1500 cals at 6' and don't understand why they stall.

You post over at ******* Bob? I live in the Nutrition section, although it's changed quite a bit in the past 8 months.
      07-28-2011, 03:44 AM   #68
bobloblaw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post

That's why you get these bro's cutting to 1500 cals at 6' and don't understand why they stall.

You post over at ******* Bob? I live in the Nutrition section, although it's changed quite a bit in the past 8 months.
I live in the misc lol. The nutrition section can be a headache sometimes. Here's a dude who lost 27 pounds eating twinkies, doritos, etc.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...ex.html?hpt=T2
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 07:23 AM   #69
smokinHawk
623lb puller
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340I XDrive MT Black

Quote:
I live in the misc lol. The nutrition section can be a headache sometimes. Here's a dude who lost 27 pounds eating twinkies, doritos, etc.

very interesting article, I wish they listed how much fat he lost and how much muscle he lost.
edit: if the info in the article is right he went from 67lbs of fat to 43lbs of fat and 134 lean lb mass to 131 lean lb mass.
lol
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 07:27 AM   #70
smokinHawk
623lb puller
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No. When you cut, you will lose some lean body mass, the amount depends on the length and quality of the cut. But if I cut 20 pounds, I will not lose "more muscle than fat," that would be ridiculous. You lose fat, water weight, glycogen, and some lean body mass.
i am not sure if you are disagreeing in what i say.
you say no, then what you state seems to agree (like the length and quality of the cut)

there are a lot of variables when losing weigh which impacts how much muscle versus fat will be lost.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 09:12 AM   #71
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Quote:

Does he even lift?
      07-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #72
smokinHawk
623lb puller
United_States
Rep

says
Quote:
He maintained the same level of moderate physical activity as before going on the diet.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #73
bobloblaw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
i am not sure if you are disagreeing in what i say.
you say no, then what you state seems to agree (like the length and quality of the cut)

there are a lot of variables when losing weigh which impacts how much muscle versus fat will be lost.
Well you said you can lose more muscle than fat on a cut, but I'm not sure thats possible. If you do even a mediocre cut, you won't lose more lean body mass than fat.

Quote:
Does he even lift?
brb skinnyfat
Appreciate 0