F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > chicken and brown rice diet
Studio RSR

07-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #23
smokinHawk
623lb puller
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340I XDrive MT Black

to give an update on my chicken and brown rice diet, things have been going well.
Im 190-192lbs and am at 10% body fat or less, i think im close to 9%
I have stabilized my weight as I want to keep at the 190 range so i can make 181 for a powerlifting contest. i am trying to trade a little more muscle for as much fat, its working all though slowly.
strength is good, raw lifts are around 500/425/580 and equipped lifts are 550/550/610 and going up fast.

monday through friday i am strict but the weekends im out of town so i eat normal healthy foods

total diet consists of
milk
water
eggs
protein shakes
chicken breasts
brown rice
bananas
natural peanut butter
and other fruits occasionally.

my split is around 43% protein 34% fat and 23% carbs
and around 2800-3000 calories per day
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #24
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Looks like a typical boring ass bro diet.

Success is success tho keep it up
      07-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #25
smokinHawk
623lb puller
United_States
Rep

boring, maybe for some, I enjoy the taste of grilled chicken. to me with my busy schedule, preparing is no problem. i pick up some chicken breasts then through them on the grill, only cook once a week. I dont have to decide what i want for food.

you arent going to get lean eating pizza, hamburgers, and other junk like that (though you can bulk up that way) this is a simple easy diet for me that gets results.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #26
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
boring, maybe for some, I enjoy the taste of grilled chicken. to me with my busy schedule, preparing is no problem. i pick up some chicken breasts then through them on the grill, only cook once a week. I dont have to decide what i want for food.

you arent going to get lean eating pizza, hamburgers, and other junk like that (though you can bulk up that way) this is a simple easy diet for me that gets results.
You're pretty lost on the subject of nutrition. Since when does ground beef prevent you from leaning out?

If youre implying fast food pizza and hamburgers youre still so wrong. A caloric deficit creates weight loss, not your clean bro diet.

I cut weight eating Ice Cream, French fries, you name it. I try to eat 95% whole foods, but fitting a mcdonalds cheeseburger into your macros wont hinder you at all.

Count all macros and calories, its that fucking simple. If you just try to eat clean like all these uneducated bros do and expect great results, keep dreaming.

Ps i wonder how awful your fat intake looks. You need .4-1g per LB - dietary fat regulates hormones and if you like having a sex drive, I suggest you drop the ratios.
      07-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #27
smokinHawk
623lb puller
United_States
Rep

shrug yes excess calories make you gain weight, while a decrease makes you lose, but your nutrition is important to gain/keep muscle.
the closer you get to single digit body fat the more important the balance of your nutrition is.
go ahead and eat all sugar to get your calorie intake in and you will feel like crap.
and of course McDonald cheeseburgers work wonders on your arteries.

my fat intake was listed

"my split is around 43% protein 34% fat and 23% carbs"
this split works well for muscle development while stripping fat. and my sex drive is just fine, its higher then its ever been, maybe related to the chick im dating, but i still wear her out after the 3rd or 4th session in the day...

i am still learning a lot about nutrition, but i prefer to learn first hand instead of what everyone tells me with there different theories, if it works for me i keep doing it.
comeback and tell me how to do it when you surpass me. :P
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #28
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Considering I'm 5'9" my lifts wont pass yours ever. However I'm at 8.5% BF at ~161lbs if that means anything.

And showing me ratios still doesnt tell me how many grams of fat youre intaking.

Natty bbers focus on more than just nutrtion when they get to contest conditions (5%) ie sodium and water intake. They arent a fair comparison.
      07-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #29
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

And unless youre a newbie there isnt such a thing as "building muscle while stripping fat", its one or the other -- deficit or surplus.
      07-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #30
smokinHawk
623lb puller
United_States
Rep

are you a true 8.5% or an internet 8.5%
this is me at 5'8" 170lbs @8-9% last spring during my cut trying to get to 165lbs for a power lifting contest. so you shouldn't be to far off, only -9lbs and an inch taller then me

whether or not there is such a thing as stripping fat while putting on muscle, at times i have gotten heavier and stronger while decreasing my waist size before if i dial in my diet perfect. And yes i know about manipulating my sodium and water intake, which is how i went from 175-165 then back to 175 in a 3 day time. the pic was mid cut during that (and of coarse no drugs were used as i compete in a drug tested federation)

i know you cant gain mass without increasing calories and lose mass without decreasing them, i get what your saying its just ignorant to say that you can eat anything to get good results of a lean high mass body.

my fat intake is 90-120 grams or around 1000calories from fat average.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #31
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Please show where I said you can eat anything. 95% should come from whole foods with micronutrients.

I said you don't need to eat chicken and brown rice for every meal to see results.

Are we even arguing the same thing here?

My point is that you can fill your macros with foods you enjoy: pastas, beef, ice cream, homemade pizzas -- really any combination of foods you know the exact macros of with minimal processing.

I was measured by electronic calipers at my gym by their nurse and it spit back 7.4%, which I knew was way too low.

Do you compete in BodyBuilding competitions or power lifting??

I can post a pic when I get back to my computer today as I am on my phone.

Im on my phone please excuse grammar errors

EDIT:

Pre Slow Bulk - 3 weeks ago

Taken just now -

Last edited by Quick6EF; 07-12-2011 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #32
smokinHawk
623lb puller
United_States
Rep

i compete in powerlifting.
we are probably not arguing the same thing, was just stating the chicken and Brown rice diet is simple and yes can be boring, but works very well and is easy.

by filling your marcos with anything is a hard balance. adding ice cream for instance though has a lot of sugar in some form which puts you in the position to add more fat then muscle.
of all the things i have been doing with my diet, reducing complex carbs like sugar seems to help the most. about the only sugar i get from is from whole fruits, which i am tweaking.

your about the first one who posted on the internet a true bf % and not an estat, lol im impressed, your not in bad shape at all (no homo) you just need to add some more muscle, least for my view though not all woman prefer it and some do so what ever i guess.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #33
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Everything in moderation is how i look at it... But like we've both been saying, to each their own.

Youre having great success with the diet so keep it up.

Thanks for the good words too man; I upped my cals from 2400 to 2600 and im already up 1.5lbs and still very lean - I'm vain and lift for aestetics and self satisfaction so a slow bulk is my only choice lol.

Here is my food log via FitDay on from Monday. I float around 85/xx/180. F/C/P.

You said sugar adds unwanted fat? I'm a bit confused by that, can you elaborate?

[/img]
      07-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #34
willha418
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I hate you guys.. :P
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #35
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
Everything in moderation is how i look at it... But like we've both been saying, to each their own.

Thanks for the good words too man; I upped my cals from 2400 to 2600 and im already up 1.5lbs and still very lean - I'm vain and lift for aestetics and self satisfaction so a slow bulk is my only choice lol.

You said sugar adds unwanted fat? I'm a bit confused by that, can you elaborate?

[/img]
So how seriously are you taking your diet?

After a few weeks rest, I'm back training heavy again. I too am doing it for aesthetics, mainly a self confidence thing but also to keep me active. I didnt take it seriously enough this year and regret it this summer.

I think my strength is pretty good, and size isnt too bad. I'm 6'4, but my body fat is really quite high. Last measurement was ~17%, and that was after a really heavy bulk. I'd say I'm probably still around that value just now.

I'd appreciate it if you guys could fire some tips my way in order to get the body fat down a bit?

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #36
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
Quote:

[/img]
So how seriously are you taking your diet?

After a few weeks rest, I'm back training heavy again. I too am doing it for aesthetics, mainly a self confidence thing but also to keep me active. I didnt take it seriously enough this year and regret it this summer.

I think my strength is pretty good, and size isnt too bad. I'm 6'4, but my body fat is really quite high. Last measurement was ~17%, and that was after a really heavy bulk. I'd say I'm probably still around that value just now.

I'd appreciate it if you guys could fire some tips my way in order to get the body fat down a bit?

Many thanks
Calculate maintenance calories.
Subtract 500 from that, no more.
Aim to lost 1lb per week.

Its that simple

Please construct a diet of whole foods you enjoy while hitting :

1-1.4g Protein per LBM not lb
.4-1g Fat per LB
Feel free to fill the rest with carbs as they are delicious and not harmful.
      07-14-2011, 10:38 AM   #37
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Edit^^ : Lose**

Also, i take my diet very seriously.

I am on a slow bulk and trying to gain a slow .5lbs a week. If you want the best results possible, be patient and dedicated.

Enjoy the foods you like!!

Weigh them! Use a tracker such as FitDay.com
      07-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #38
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:

I am on a slow bulk and trying to gain a slow .5lbs a week. If you want the best results possible, be patient and dedicated.

How do you go about keeping a diet like that when there are so many parties and birthdays all throughtout the summer and drinking becomes an issue......? I know the simple solution is don't drink at all but if you do drink for the occasion, how do you go about maintain ur goals and still keep everything "in check"?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #39
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Quote:

How do you go about keeping a diet like that when there are so many parties and birthdays all throughtout the summer and drinking becomes an issue......? I know the simple solution is don't drink at all but if you do drink for the occasion, how do you go about maintain ur goals and still keep everything "in check"?
In the whole scheme of things, one day isnt going to ruin your progress.

I drink every weekend! Geez I'm 24, I don't take life seriously

Stay on track as much as you can, don't let one meal screw with your head. Act as nothing happened and continue with whatever meal plan you have in place moving forward.

*Don't let one cheat meal turn into a cheat day or binge*

I'm all for sanity while following strict protocol; that's why I follow the idea of IIFYM. If It Fits Your Macros

I eat 95% whole foods that I enjoy.

See the Ben and Jerrys? I fit ice cream into my macros every day! There is nothing wrong with it, I promise. Americans have this fear of calorie dense foods for some reason.
      07-30-2011, 12:11 AM   #40
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
so. haha. a buddy of mine is a martial arts fighter and personal trainer. told me about his chicken and brown rice diet being a very effective one. he would use this diet before any big match/tournie. anyone ever heard of this?

6oz chicken breast and 1/2 cup brown rice - 5 times a day.
and daily vitamins. and i guess some veggies in there wouldn't hurt.

i broke my leg (tibia and fibula spiral fractures above the ankle) back in January. Gained some fat around the mid-section that I want to quickly lose even though the only cardio that I can do is the cycle at my personal trainer's. i just took my first unassisted steps yesterday and some more today, so i'm about to start walking now.
anyway, thinking about giving this chicken+rice diet another go. i tried it before but got bored really quick and couldn't stick to it very strictly.

aaand, discuss.
I'm having a flash back!..thats exactly what I used to eat one week before weigh-in for my bouts for lunch and dinner. Dinner included a plain salad. Couldn't stand it, but thats what my father trained me to do. Its very old school.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 10:56 AM   #41
Space Ghost
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

This thread makes me hungry.

2008 E92 M3, ESS VT-1, AA Full Exhaust, Volk TE-37, PSS10, ST BBK, ARKYM Motorsport Spliter, Vorsteiner Diffuser, BMW Edition Grill/Gill's, BMW Performance Spoiler, AUTOcoture Blacked Out Headlights, LCI Tail lights, Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Center Dash Insert, Ultimate Racing Pedals (Because Race Car), AA SSK, Speed Cloth.
Appreciate 0