F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Help a Fat Kid Out....
Extreme Powerhouse

11-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #45
Juicehead
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Raptor

My 2 Cents, Coming From Experience!

DIET DIET DIET DIET

and... Counting Calories

Up until a year ago I was always a pretty 'stocky' guy. Played ball in HS, etc. My average weight hovered around 200-210 @ 5'11". I tried running, riding mountainbike, cardio, cardio, cardio to get my bodyfat down.

I finally got sick of it so I started lurking on bodybuilding.com for some ideas.

The Diet
There is book called "The Rapid Fatloss Handbook" by Lyle McDonald. Basically the diet is a PSMF (Protein Sparing Modified Fatloss) diet. In short, you only intake about 800 cal. per day of protein and fats. I know this sounds crazy and I did cheat by going to the doctor to get some Phentermine for cravings. My start weight/BF was 217lbs @ 27% BF, I have done 2 6-week stints of this diet and I am down to 180lbs @ 15% BF.

On a side note, in the book, Lyle does a calculation of how much cardio you would have to do to lose the same amount of fat as just dieting down, it was a retarded amount! You would basically be living on a treadmill!

During the Diet
I did absolutely NO cardio. I did not even train the first week (even dropped 3-4 lbs of fat the first week). I felt more adjusted the second week so I went to the gym. I basically cut my workout in half because I thought I was going to pass out. Really, I only trained to minimize muscle loss. You are taking in alot of protien on this diet so it does help minimize muscle loss even without time at the gym.

Off the Diet
Still to this day, I only do cardio for fun which is gained though mountainbiking (mainly anarobic), I refuse to run in one place for an hour. I still eat healthy for the most part. I eat carbs in the morning and sometimes lunch, I try to stay away from them at dinner.

I will more than likely try 1 more 6 week cycle to try to get to 12%-13% BF but it really gets hard at this level!

This is the fastest, safest way to do it, with the easiest adjustment back to reality when you are done. You can do it without apetite supressants. If you can, you are hardcore!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #46
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
What do you mean by "tone" your muscles? You do understand losing fat and gaining muscle simultaneously is not possible, right?
No. I don't. Link?
Anyhow, where did I mention simultaneously? How does that have anything to do with what I said?

max weight, low rep -> Muscle building = Arnold Schwarzenegger
medium weight, high rep -> Toning = blowflex and fashion models
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #47
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Here's my $0.02: Some great advice on here and some....well not so great.

#1 - You admitted to the problem....well done!
#2 - Diet! Watch what you eat, spend most of the time at the grocery store in the fresh produce department. This doesn't mean you can't eat "bad" things, but save them for a here and there treat. Cut your portions down and eat 4-6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism going. When you go extended periods without eating, your blood sugar spikes, this may lead you to over eat during your next meal.
#3 - Exercise. Just get moving, don't listen to all these idiots arguing over weight vs. reps. What you need to do is move around, a lot! Quick workout in the morning, go for a walk at lunch, another workout in the eveneing (go for a jog). You don't need to join a gym. Doing pushups, situps, pullups, squats, ect.... is great to do in the morning. Running is free, the more you do it, the more it pays off and becomes fun. I suggest running with a friend or pet.
#4 - Stay away from gimmicy diets. These work great for a while but you are after a lifestyle change. I lost 65lbs on the atkins in less than 6 months (down to 5% bf), but guess what, it's not a lifestyle change and I gained some back.
#5 - A pill is not your answer. DO NOT use or beleive in those diet pills. They migh work in the beginning for a kick start, but are overall very unhealthy and can lead to heart problems. This goes for energy drinks too. If you must, at least ask your doctor if it's safe.
#6 - No alcohol! I wouldn't drink until you are comfortable with your body, it will only inhibit your goals. I'm not saying never drink, just not until you are happy with where you are at.

Someone mentioned it earlier....P90X will work wonders for a beginner who is out of shape and doesn't know where to start. Stick with the diet and program and you will see huge changes at the end of the 90 days. Don't get discouraged, most people will not see changes in 30 days (you may even gain weight), but it pays off in dividends in the end.

Once you finish the program, you will know where your body is and what to do to maintain. Crossfit and Insanity are a great "next" step or you can just do another 90 day cycle.

*I'm not a doctor, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night.
** FYI - I'm 32 years old / 6'2" / 225 / 34" waist. I've been active my entire life. During an injury I blimped up to 260 and have been as low as 170. Everyone's body is different, I have too much muscle mass to weigh less than 190 and would look like a skeleton if I did. You have to find a weight/body size that you are comfortable with and maintain it.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /

Last edited by Syndicategt; 11-10-2011 at 01:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #48
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
Here's my $0.02: Some great advice on here and some....well not so great.

#1 - You admitted to the problem....well done!
#2 - Diet! Watch what you eat, spend most of the time at the grocery store in the fresh produce department. This doesn't mean you can't eat "bad" things, but save them for a here and there treat. Cut your portions down and eat 4-6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism going. When you go extended periods without eating, your blood sugar spikes, this may lead you to over eat during your next meal.
#3 - Exercise. Just get moving, don't listen to all these idiots arguing over weight vs. reps. What you need to do is move around, a lot! Quick workout in the morning, go for a walk at lunch, another workout in the eveneing (go for a jog). You don't need to join a gym. Doing pushups, situps, pullups, squats, ect.... is great to do in the morning. Running is free, the more you do it, the more it pays off and becomes fun. I suggest running with a friend or pet.
#4 - Stay away from gimmicy diets. These work great for a while but you are after a lifestyle change. I lost 65lbs on the atkins in less than 6 months (down to 5% bf), but guess what, it's not a lifestyle change and I gained some back.
#5 - A pill is not your answer. DO NOT use or beleive in those diet pills. They migh work in the beginning for a kick start, but are overall very unhealthy and can lead to heart problems. This goes for energy drinks too. If you must, at least ask your doctor if it's safe.
#6 - No alcohol! I wouldn't drink until you are comfortable with your body, it will only inhibit your goals. I'm not saying never drink, just not until you are happy with where you are at.

Someone mentioned it earlier....P90X will work wonders for a beginner who is out of shape and doesn't know where to start. Stick with the diet and program and you will see huge changes at the end of the 90 days. Don't get discouraged, most people will not see changes in 30 days (you may even gain weight), but it pays off in dividends in the end.

Once you finish the program, you will know where your body is and what to do to maintain. Crossfit and Insanity are a great "next" step or you can just do another 90 day cycle.

*I'm not a doctor, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night.
** FYI - I'm 32 years old / 6'2" / 225 / 34" waist. I've been active my entire life. During an injury I blimped up to 260 and have been as low as 170. Everyone's body is different, I have too much muscle mass to weigh less than 190 and would look like a skeleton if I did. You have to find a weight/body size that you are comfortable with and maintain it.
That's a good point.
To be more accurate, your blood sugar spikes up because you eat a large portion. That causes a spike in insulin, which is known to promote storage of fat.

But Quick6EF will surely disagree with you. :loco:
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #49
Weird Side Effect
Side effects may include...
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3, e46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
That's a good point.
To be more accurate, your blood sugar spikes up because you eat a large portion. That causes a spike in insulin, which is known to promote storage of fat.

Also to note, if you have Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), you definitely need to eat 4-6 small meals a day to keep your blood sugar up if you're working out. I have Hypoglycemia and Id pass out if I didnt eat 4-6 times a day while staying active.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #50
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Side Effect View Post
Quote:
That's a good point.

Also to note, if you have Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), you definitely need to eat 4-6 small meals a day to keep your blood sugar up if you're working out. I have Hypoglycemia and Id pass out if I didnt eat 4-6 times a day while staying active.
This is the only case where meal timing is relevent.

I will post properly sourced articles when I have some free time tonight so you goons eating 5 times a day for your metabolism can relax a little.
      11-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #51
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Also MPBK feel free to share a photo of your physique since you seem to disagree the most.

Sources of your debunked claims from PubMed sources would be appreciated after I share mine as well.

EDIT: O god. I totally forgot MPBK you're a hopeless moron. I'll save my time with this one and post a previous quote from MPBK:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=58

Quote:
This is wrong information.
When you eat big gulps at a time, at irregular intervals, your body tries to store as much energy as it can (in the form of fat) because it doesn't know when the next meal will come. That's a neat evolution feature that is an advantage in the wild, but unfortunately, not desirable in contemporary urban lifestyle.
Many animals display this feature. For example, whales, bears, penguins, seals, etc. They spend the summer feeding and gorging themselves. They can increase their body weight by 2 or 3 times. All stored as fat. Then they eat almost nothing for long periods (either hibernation or food source dries out). Their bodies survive the winter on stored fat and they come out next spring and start a new cycle.
We humans solved the food source issue. The refrigerator eliminated "winter" and practically makes food available all year. The car eliminated the very basic of exercise (walking), and what we see today is the 2 to 3 times natural body weight all year long.

Last edited by Quick6EF; 11-10-2011 at 05:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 06:45 AM   #52
Juicehead
Lieutenant
Rep

I really hate to start/be part of an argument but....

1. Meal frequency has NO bearing on weightloss, this has been proven. The only thing it does is help people who can't control their cravings. I ate 3 meals a day and still averaged 3-4 lbs a week in weight loss.

2. Water? Meh... My first 'cycle' I did, I drank the hell out of some water, the second time, not so much. I think drinking an exorbitant amount of water does the same thing as stated above, it keeps you full. Yes, I know cold water helps burn calories... but so does gum chewing.

3. Diet drinks... As long as they are low/no sodium, drink all you want! I was drink 3-4 cans a day of Coke Zero. The myth that artificial sweetners make you gain weight is BS as well.

Question for the OP, what weight/BF % are you right now? Do you go to the gym?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #53
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
Also MPBK feel free to share a photo of your physique since you seem to disagree the most.

Sources of your debunked claims from PubMed sources would be appreciated after I share mine as well.

EDIT: O god. I totally forgot MPBK you're a hopeless moron. I'll save my time with this one and post a previous quote from MPBK:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=58
Sounds like a cop out.
Where is the PubMed reference, you girlyboy?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #54
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicehead View Post

3. Diet drinks... As long as they are low/no sodium, drink all you want! I was drink 3-4 cans a day of Coke Zero. The myth that artificial sweetners make you gain weight is BS as well.
diet drinks dont directly cause weight gain. it's a neural change where your body has heightened cravings for sweetened items. these neural changes do not direct behavior but can influence behavior.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 06:14 AM   #55
Juicehead
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
diet drinks dont directly cause weight gain. it's a neural change where your body has heightened cravings for sweetened items. these neural changes do not direct behavior but can influence behavior.
I think I always crave sweet items... Doesn't matter when/where.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #56
Hoyt
Automotive Guru
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3

WOW... thanks everyone for all the ideas, comments and personal experiences. It's much appreciated.

I've been in Japan for week on business so my goal is to start working on my weight loss plan right a way. While sitting around various airports I downloaded an app for my iPhone that allows me to track my daily food intake and exercise. Once I get a good base line I'll post updated here.

Again, thanks for comments and ideas!

1988 E30 M3 | Zinnoberrot on Tan | OEM+
2010 997.2 GT3 | Guards Red | OEM+
Katarina - 2010 E92 M3 | 6MT | LeMans Blue on Fox Red | SOLD Jun-2017
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #57
Th3xf4ctor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mazda6

The biggest thing for me was eating smaller portions, eating healthier snacks between meals which were also portion controlled, and exercise. Since the beginning of summer I have lost 15 pounds.

Oh and if possible cut soda out all together or any carbonated beverages. Carbonated beverages make you feel bloated and regardless if they are diet or not, they still put on weight. I now drink maybe a can of soda a week and i used to drink several cans a day.
2011 335i Sedan M Sport/Le Mans Blue Metallic/Glacier Aluminum Trim/Heated Seats/Premium Package/Black Leather/Ipod Adapter/Paddles/FormulaOne Tint/Matte Black Grilles/AA Signature Exhaust/AA Chargepipe/ Cobb Stage 1 Aggressive [SOLD]

2007 328i Coupe Sport/Matte Black Kidney's/3M Tint----Lemon'ed
[SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #58
J3NGOe90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6speed MT only!

Sell your M3 and buy a bicycle
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #59
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3xf4ctor View Post
The biggest thing for me was eating smaller portions, eating healthier snacks between meals which were also portion controlled, and exercise. Since the beginning of summer I have lost 15 pounds.

Oh and if possible cut soda out all together or any carbonated beverages. Carbonated beverages make you feel bloated and regardless if they are diet or not, they still put on weight. I now drink maybe a can of soda a week and i used to drink several cans a day.
This post makes no sense. Disregard.
      11-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #60
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
if you're referring to your misguided recommendation, broscience for sure.
it's a well known fact that medium weight and high reps burn fat and tone the muscles. There's no argument on that point.
Well known fact? Where are your sources on this? "The Situation" is not a good source.

You're the only one here who is misguided. Please stop posting, because you're confusing the OP who is honestly trying to better himself. Going off of your bro science, he will more than likely fail.

As was mentioned earlier, it really isn't about the weight/reps, it's about the effort you put in. If you really want to burn some calories, reduce the rest time in between sets to 30 seconds or less. Do some power sets (like 10 reps of bench press then with no rest do 10 pullups). Sure, you'll have to lift lighter weights and maybe do a couple more reps as a byproduct, but that's because I'm sure you can't knock out a 3 rep max bench, take 15 seconds or less rest, and do it again with no problems. If you can, then good on you, because I don't know many who can.

Why do you think most of these weight-loss programs out there that actually have results (like Insanity and P90X) vary the rest in between their sets (or have no rest at all)? Because it's about the EFFORT.

It's actually pretty simple. To lose weight, calories you take in must be less than the calories you burn. If you eat too much, no matter what it is, you're not going to lose weight unless you are working out enough to burn it off (plus whatever your base metabolic rate is). Also note, as you lose the weight, your body will require less calories to function (your BMR will lower), so you will need to either eat less or workout even more, or you will hit a plateau. Also, your body is a wonderful thing. It can and will QUICKLY adapt to changes in habit. For someone who doesn't workout regularly, I would say after about a month of doing the same thing, you need to switch it up and do something different. If you don't, you will probably plateau, not to mention get a little bored

The biggest help for me to lose weight was to cut out all junk fluids, so I just drink water and the occasional glass of milk. People think "diet" on the soda can means they can drink as much as they want. I think it's a bad idea. Water is extremely healthy (no calories and no artificial junk). I don't have a link or proof to this, but in Tony Horton's book "Bring It!" (the guy who made P90X), he says that artificial sweeteners, while they do not DIRECTLY cause weight gain, cause neurological changes in the body. These changes basically cause your mind to be tricked. You THINK you're getting a sweet, sweet treat by taking in the soda loaded with Splenda, but when the body catches up and realizes the calories aren't there, you wind up craving something and most people cannot ignore the cravings. Funny how some of the people I see chugging from a can of diet coke all day are some of the fattest people I've ever met. Not to mention the CAFFEINE is a diuretic and dehydrates you, which will negatively effect your workouts meaning you will put in LESS EFFORT and burn FEWER CALORIES.

The best (and simplest) advice I can give is to burn more calories than you take in. So either you become a workout fiend (workout at least twice a day) and keep eating whatever you want, which is not ideal or practical for normal people, or you find a nice balance between both. Eating healthier improves OVERALL health and not just physical appearance. My $0.02...
      11-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #61
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Well known fact? Where are your sources on this? "The Situation" is not a good source.

You're the only one here who is misguided. Please stop posting, because you're confusing the OP who is honestly trying to better himself. Going off of your bro science, he will more than likely fail.

As was mentioned earlier, it really isn't about the weight/reps, it's about the effort you put in. If you really want to burn some calories, reduce the rest time in between sets to 30 seconds or less. Do some power sets (like 10 reps of bench press then with no rest do 10 pullups). Sure, you'll have to lift lighter weights and maybe do a couple more reps as a byproduct, but that's because I'm sure you can't knock out a 3 rep max bench, take 15 seconds or less rest, and do it again with no problems. If you can, then good on you, because I don't know many who can.

Why do you think most of these weight-loss programs out there that actually have results (like Insanity and P90X) vary the rest in between their sets (or have no rest at all)? Because it's about the EFFORT.

It's actually pretty simple. To lose weight, calories you take in must be less than the calories you burn. If you eat too much, no matter what it is, you're not going to lose weight unless you are working out enough to burn it off (plus whatever your base metabolic rate is). Also note, as you lose the weight, your body will require less calories to function (your BMR will lower), so you will need to either eat less or workout even more, or you will hit a plateau. Also, your body is a wonderful thing. It can and will QUICKLY adapt to changes in habit. For someone who doesn't workout regularly, I would say after about a month of doing the same thing, you need to switch it up and do something different. If you don't, you will probably plateau, not to mention get a little bored

The biggest help for me to lose weight was to cut out all junk fluids, so I just drink water and the occasional glass of milk. People think "diet" on the soda can means they can drink as much as they want. I think it's a bad idea. Water is extremely healthy (no calories and no artificial junk). I don't have a link or proof to this, but in Tony Horton's book "Bring It!" (the guy who made P90X), he says that artificial sweeteners, while they do not DIRECTLY cause weight gain, cause neurological changes in the body. These changes basically cause your mind to be tricked. You THINK you're getting a sweet, sweet treat by taking in the soda loaded with Splenda, but when the body catches up and realizes the calories aren't there, you wind up craving something and most people cannot ignore the cravings. Funny how some of the people I see chugging from a can of diet coke all day are some of the fattest people I've ever met. Not to mention the CAFFEINE is a diuretic and dehydrates you, which will negatively effect your workouts meaning you will put in LESS EFFORT and burn FEWER CALORIES.

The best (and simplest) advice I can give is to burn more calories than you take in. So either you become a workout fiend (workout at least twice a day) and keep eating whatever you want, which is not ideal or practical for normal people, or you find a nice balance between both. Eating healthier improves OVERALL health and not just physical appearance. My $0.02...
How is any of the above even remotely related to what I said, let alone be a retort to what I said?
Where did I say anything about Situation, rest time, diet, etc? :loco:
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #62
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
How is any of the above even remotely related to what I said, let alone be a retort to what I said?
Where did I say anything about Situation, rest time, diet, etc? :loco:
Are you for real? You recommended high reps and medium weight for "toning" muscle, whatever that means, then I said you are wrong and said why you are wrong. The reference to "The Situation" is a stab at your apparent use of broscience as an argument... After being asked here and in other threads to post some sources of your info, you still haven't. Oh, because you don't have any. The rest of my post is directed to the OP, simply offering my $0.02 in the hopes that he ignores the jibberish you posted.

Reading comprehension, you have none. Next time I will break it down for you so you know what I am directing at you and what I am directing at the OP.
      11-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #63
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you for real? You recommended high reps and medium weight for "toning" muscle, whatever that means, then I said you are wrong and said why you are wrong. The reference to "The Situation" is a stab at your apparent use of broscience as an argument... After being asked here and in other threads to post some sources of your info, you still haven't. Oh, because you don't have any. The rest of my post is directed to the OP, simply offering my $0.02 in the hopes that he ignores the jibberish you posted.

Reading comprehension, you have none. Next time I will break it down for you so you know what I am directing at you and what I am directing at the OP.
Speaking of reading comprehension... that may be what's causing your confusion.
I didn't recommend anything. Go back and read (and most importantly understand) the discussion before opening your mouth so wide and so abrasively.
Somebody said something about maxing out (with few reps) when lifting weights. I noted that maxing out is for muscle mass building. For weight loss (what the OP wants to achieve) you don't need that. Just medium weight and higher reps. That implies same amount of effort no? :loco:
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #64
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jank View Post
WOW... thanks everyone for all the ideas, comments and personal experiences. It's much appreciated.

I've been in Japan for week on business so my goal is to start working on my weight loss plan right a way. While sitting around various airports I downloaded an app for my iPhone that allows me to track my daily food intake and exercise. Once I get a good base line I'll post updated here.

Again, thanks for comments and ideas!
Excellent start! Understanding the current state and getting a baseline allows you to track progress and monitor results. This allows for adjustments as needed, and a way to see what works for you and what doesn't. Monitor progress (calipers and scale) every couple weeks and adjust as required. Not losing? Refer to and adjust using your food log and cut out 200-300 calories. Don't make drastic changes, the tortoise wins this race.

It sounds like you know what foods to avoid (good), but travel can make food choice problematic. However, you can eat well, it's a matter of making better choices. Get a chicken burger without a bunch of crap on it instead of a 1 lb burger. Add a salad, and don't put a gallon of dressing on it. Skip the fries. For a snack, eat a handful of roasted almonds instead of a candy bar. Cut out the soda. You get the idea. This isn't about perfect, it's about better.

Be prepared for the body to fight back. Understand this, accept it, and have a plan for it. Fat loss is just the start of the journey, sustaining and maintaining the loss is the rest of it.

Exercise? Do something you like and that fits in your life. If you hate it, you won't do it, and it just gives a reason to throw in the towel. Basically, move more. Don't sit for 8 hours a day. Move. Get up and walk around. Get a sit/stand desk. Anything to move more.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #65
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Speaking of reading comprehension... that may be what's causing your confusion.
I didn't recommend anything. Go back and read (and most importantly understand) the discussion before opening your mouth so wide and so abrasively.
Somebody said something about maxing out (with few reps) when lifting weights. I noted that maxing out is for muscle mass building. For weight loss (what the OP wants to achieve) you don't need that. Just medium weight and higher reps. That implies same amount of effort no? :loco:
I read the whole thread. Funny, you are making another bad recommendation, even though you are saying you didn't recommend anything, so now you've done it twice. Are you kidding me, lol?

And no, saying "medium weight and higher reps" does not imply the same effort. Spend more time hitting the books and less time in the gym staring at yourself doing curls in the mirror.

And I'm sorry to the OP for letting this idiot get to me, from now on the ignore function will be put to good use

I just hate it when people give bad advice to someone who is honestly trying to improve themselves. Good luck on starting your new lifestyle. Don't go too hard too fast, take it one step at a time.
      11-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #66
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I read the whole thread. Funny, you are making another bad recommendation, even though you are saying you didn't recommend anything, so now you've done it twice. Are you kidding me, lol?

And no, saying "medium weight and higher reps" does not imply the same effort. Spend more time hitting the books and less time in the gym staring at yourself doing curls in the mirror.

And I'm sorry to the OP for letting this idiot get to me, from now on the ignore function will be put to good use

I just hate it when people give bad advice to someone who is honestly trying to improve themselves. Good luck on starting your new lifestyle. Don't go too hard too fast, take it one step at a time.
If you read it and still don't understand it. I can do no more for you.
You are a natural moron.

EDIT: I took a quick look at your posts and it appears that all you do is be offer your caustic remarks and stir up argument.
You're just a 27 year old punk with either narcissistic tendencies or self confidence issues.
I won't bother with you.

Last edited by MPBK; 11-17-2011 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 0