BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

04-22-2024, 11:59 AM   #1
m3s65b4.x
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 6M/T

Eventuri dry type air filter

Eventury suggest to clean air filter after every 5.000 km and not to oil. I have run with this filter 21.000 km and cleaned couple times. There minimal dust, only insects and some debris. Cabin air filters collect more dust but air amount through cabin vs engine filter are incomparably. I suspect those dry type filters don't catch small or micro dust and all that stuff goes into engine when ruin our expensive S65 motor.

Have someone made like 50k miles and measured engine compression before and after?
Can you suggest some oiled type filter for Eventuri inlet? Or just put oil to this one for dusty spring/summer and buy new filter for wet fall/winter time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 08:33 AM   #2
Sammy82
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

You an buy a kit (cleaner & oil) from K&N or BMC
I cleaned the filter every 10k km.

I was not so satisfied with the filter performance:
there was way more dust inside the plenum, than before with a BMC filter
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 11:33 AM   #3
E92Bean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3s65b4.x View Post
Eventury suggest to clean air filter after every 5.000 km and not to oil. I have run with this filter 21.000 km and cleaned couple times. There minimal dust, only insects and some debris. Cabin air filters collect more dust but air amount through cabin vs engine filter are incomparably. I suspect those dry type filters don't catch small or micro dust and all that stuff goes into engine when ruin our expensive S65 motor.

Have someone made like 50k miles and measured engine compression before and after?
Can you suggest some oiled type filter for Eventuri inlet? Or just put oil to this one for dusty spring/summer and buy new filter for wet fall/winter time.
The eventuri intake is dyno proven to make less power than the oem bmw filter lol.
Cold air intake dyno
A BMC drop in filter is optimal for filtration, or swap to a dinan or macht schnell intake for actual power gains+filtration.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 02:05 PM   #4
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Bean View Post
The eventuri intake is dyno proven to make less power than the oem bmw filter lol.
Cold air intake dyno
A BMC drop in filter is optimal for filtration, or swap to a dinan or macht schnell intake for actual power gains+filtration.
That is a pretty dumb, misleading and ignorant comment to make. Shows you didn't watch fully or even try to understand the results.

Performance went down due to running the car back to back, as you can see they dyno the stock filter again after and prodcued the same once performance leveled off.

Also dyno won't take into account the flowing air into the airbox at driving speed, and the effect the eventuri cf flap they designed will have.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 03:17 PM   #5
E92Bean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
That is a pretty dumb, misleading and ignorant comment to make. Shows you didn't watch fully or even try to understand the results.

Performance went down due to running the car back to back, as you can see they dyno the stock filter again after and prodcued the same once performance leveled off.

Also dyno won't take into account the flowing air into the airbox at driving speed, and the effect the eventuri cf flap they designed will have.
The other intakes I mentioned do make more power due to filter surface area+increased diameter. Epic motorsports has tested intakes extensively, the most consistent ones and higher hp were the MS and Dinan.
That final stock filter run still shows the eventuri doesn’t make much more. I’m not saying it doesn’t look or sound good. The eventuri just doesn’t have optimal filter surface area.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 07:37 AM   #6
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Bean View Post
The eventuri just doesn’t have optimal filter surface area.
I'm not seeing any evidence of that.
Appreciate 0