F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > My Porsche Cayman, FINALLY!
Extreme Powerhouse

10-07-2014, 08:17 AM   #23
SAM135iAM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Fox View Post
Aston Martian? The first automotive marque from Mars? LOL

Awesome car, man. I was a sophomore in High School when I first really noticed the Porsche Cayman. I was absolutely obsessed with that car for years, I test drove it probably 5 times with my father. When the 2009 refresh was released with the PDK, I dragged my poor father to Beverly Hills Porsche to drive one since they were the first to get them. The salesman was an instructor at Porsche's Colorado driving school, and he scared the living sh*t out of me drifting around their underground storage garage. I always hoped my Dad would want to buy a Cayman for himself after all these test drives, but it wasn't his cup of tea- he was a devoted Jaguar and Aston Martin fan. He was a great sport for taking me to the dealer to look at them though!

Now that I could finally afford a 987.1, my tastes have changed a little bit and I don't think I ever would. Some really fond memories of drooling and dreaming over that machine though... enjoy it in good health!
ROFL! I use Mozilla and let it auto correct for me when I miss spelled Martin the first time. I guess it thought I was talking about aliens and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcman View Post
At least it's not a Saturn
      10-09-2014, 02:34 PM   #24
mxa121
Major
Rep
Drives: M

Sweet! I want a Cayman S as my next car. The handling, style, and feeling is documented well.
I would like to hear your impressions on it.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #25
SAM135iAM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxa121 View Post
Sweet! I want a Cayman S as my next car. The handling, style, and feeling is documented well.
I would like to hear your impressions on it.
Well, looking at your previous line of up vehicles, like me you're going to be seriously disappointed with the torque. HOWEVER...after the initial shock you really will NOT care about the missing torque. The engine revs high and loves to be done so. The sound coming from behind you of the revving engine, sounds like what I only could assume the sound of gods discussing fine cigars in an aggressive manner would be. There is just such a distinction to the drive, feel, and presence of he car. Every day I have driven it I have received complements. A gentleman even rolled his window down at a stop light to take a photo of it. The dynamics are flawless in the way it handles the road. The clutch and shift throw left little to be desired, however I plan to install a more notchy and shorter shift kit. The steering is pleasantly heavy and direct. For as small as it is, it has plenty of room for you, a passenger, and some luggage. Weighing in at just over 2000 pounds its more nimble than a pixies thimble. My only complaints are the terrible head unit and speakers. My car has the sound plus package, which is a step down from the Bose, and it's terrible! From what I've read on the P car forums even the Bose systems is bad. I can't even imagine how bad the base stereo system is. Overall it is truly a dream machine. I love it. I've never felt such a connection so quickly to a vehicle. In the two years I owned the 135i I never even developed a real love of the car. I think Porsche, and most Porsche owners know exactly what I'm talking about when I say no other car can make me feel the way a Porsche can. There is a reason that Porsche has so many followers and devoted enthusiast. I feel so blessed and fortunate to say I understand what all the hype is about. It's the real deal man, and I hope you get yourself one very soon.
      10-18-2014, 07:49 PM   #26
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Nice! They are cool little cars. I attempted to get my wife to cool at the Cayman, but she chose the 135i.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #27
bmw-again
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 440xi GC-15 X1 xline

My dream too was to own a Porsche since I first received an 86 911 model for christmas. Many years later I stepped into my first e46 BMW and loved it. Couple of years later I decided to go for it and buy a 911. It was the 996 platform and was horrible. Very low mileage car came from a collector out of Boston who had to sell a couple cars to get a 360 Modena. It was my dream but after 1000's of dollars later in repairs it became a nightmare! So I went back to BMW and I am on my second one since the Porsche. With two little kids I bought a 3 series GT and cant stand it! When this lease runs out I am going for the Panamera. Like you said there is no feeling like driving a Porsche!! Congrats and hope you enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 06:37 PM   #28
328i_E92_2007
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcman View Post
At least it's not a Saturn
Haha! I used to drive a Saturn Ion, what a piece of junk! Anyways, Congrats OP on the new car. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0