F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > ***OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Free Agency***
GetBMWParts

07-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #23
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
looks like the Cavs are going to give up quite a bit to get Kevin Love
But if this trade happens... Cavs are essentially a lock to win the East and in fact a Ring this year!

Kyrie, Love and James is a very potent Big 3!!!
      07-14-2014, 04:59 PM   #24
MikeD
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

A lock for the East, yes, most definitely.

A Ring in 2014-15? - ehh, the West is pretty damn good... Spurs, Clippers, Warriors, OKC, Rockets, Grizz...all had a good chance to beat the Heat last year in a 7 game series.

It'll be an interesting year in the NBA playoffs!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #25
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
A lock for the East, yes, most definitely.

A Ring in 2014-15? - ehh, the West is pretty damn good... Spurs, Clippers, Warriors, OKC, Rockets, Grizz...all had a good chance to beat the Heat last year in a 7 game series.

It'll be an interesting year in the NBA playoffs!
You forgot MAVS! We are actually better than last season by far. Easily in the Top 4 in West.

Yeah nothing is a 'gimme' in the Pro Sports. So nothing is a guarantee.
      07-14-2014, 05:56 PM   #26
MikeD
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

yeah, how could I have forgotten about the Trailblazers, sorry about that!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #27
bkM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 M3 Vert 6MT Carbon/Black

i cant wait for this upcoming season. it seems as if almost every team got better. it should definitely be fun to watch!

Lets go knicks!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #28
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
You forgot MAVS! We are actually better than last season by far. Easily in the Top 4 in West.
uuuuhhh, nope.....

not gonna leap from Houston or Portland....

you could potentially leap Memphis, but you're not better than the Warriors.....

you'll be a fringe playoff team - maaaaaaaaybe sneak into the 8th seed - doubt it though.....
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #29
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
uuuuhhh, nope.....

not gonna leap from Houston or Portland....

you could potentially leap Memphis, but you're not better than the Warriors.....

you'll be a fringe playoff team - maaaaaaaaybe sneak into the 8th seed - doubt it though.....
quoted..... For future reference!
      07-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #30
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

WINNERS & LOSERS of the 2014 NBA Free Agency:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ba-free-agency
      07-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #31
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Take note Kobe! THIS is how you help your TEAM....

http://teamstre.am/1t2PSaP

Dirk Nowitzki Re-Signs with Mavericks: Latest Contract Details and Reaction | Bleacher Report

Classiest and true role model player in the NBA. His unselfish character and non greedy ways have and will help this team tremendously!
LETS GO MAVS!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #32
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Think Mark Cuban is sleeping... Think not.

http://teamstre.am/1mJnOVB

Rashard Lewis to Mavericks: Latest Contract Details, Analysis and Reaction |
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #33
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

The Lakers and Rockets both offered Dirk a MAX contact! They birth for shot down.
#dallas4life

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

How much did he walk away from you ask?

A staggering $35,000,000!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 04:46 PM   #34
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

I like the job Riley did putting the Heat back together post-Lebron. They will be a mid level playoff team while regrouping to go after big free agents next year and the year after. Don't know what it will take but it will be interesting to see where Carlos Boozer ends up- Make it happen Riley! Keep it up with Duke Alumni!

Lebron peaked in Miami and gave everything to the team; 4 finals, 2 championships, no issues with that and I wish him well to become more of a legend in Cleveland. Doubt Cleveland will challenge for titles in the next 2-3 years but they will be fun to watch; the East's version of the Clippers.

I don't think anyone will touch San Antonio but if Rose is healthy this is the Bulls year to step up and take them on.

As a Wisconsin transplant in Miami I also love what the Bucks have done; they have a great young nucleus and have the makings like Cleveland of a team on the rise if they can add some playoff proven veterans in the next few years. Can't wait to see what they become.

AA Pulley, Air Filter and Tune - Full Evolve Valvetronic Exhaust - 380/355 Stoptech BBK, BBS FI's and other fun stuff.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 11:20 AM   #35
bkM3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE93Vert View Post
I like the job Riley did putting the Heat back together post-Lebron. They will be a mid level playoff team while regrouping to go after big free agents next year and the year after. Don't know what it will take but it will be interesting to see where Carlos Boozer ends up- Make it happen Riley! Keep it up with Duke Alumni!

Lebron peaked in Miami and gave everything to the team; 4 finals, 2 championships, no issues with that and I wish him well to become more of a legend in Cleveland. Doubt Cleveland will challenge for titles in the next 2-3 years but they will be fun to watch; the East's version of the Clippers.

I don't think anyone will touch San Antonio but if Rose is healthy this is the Bulls year to step up and take them on.

As a Wisconsin transplant in Miami I also love what the Bucks have done; they have a great young nucleus and have the makings like Cleveland of a team on the rise if they can add some playoff proven veterans in the next few years. Can't wait to see what they become.
i respectfully disagree, miami is not a place big free agents really look to. take a step back and lok at your roster, you have an overpaid bosh, a crippled wade, a terrible point guard, a crappy coach (lets be honest, lebron made spo look good). after seeing how miami fans treat their team by showing up late and leaving early to every game i dont see any big name going there.if granger can go back to indiana form and stay healthy than you might have something but nowhere near championship caliber. also, i see cleveland competing for a title very soon because of how weak the east is.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #36
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The Lakers and Rockets both offered Dirk a MAX contact! They birth for shot down.
Rockets didn't offer Dirk anything.....
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #37
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
Rockets didn't offer Dirk anything.....
I think you're a cool dude from what I have read. But not sure if your Rockets fanboyism is or has taken over or you are just a hater...

Directly from a local Houston Rockets blog forum:

http://houseofhouston.com/2014/07/10...-max-contract/

Oh here's more:

http://nbatitlechase.com/blog/2014/0...-max-contract/
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ion-in-dallas/

There is no shame in offering the "Greatest 7 footer shooter in the history of the NBA" and 1st rd HOF power forward a MAX salary bro. If ANYONE deserves it, he does.
      07-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #38
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

I realize we have own3d the Dallas/Houston rivalry for a while now but let's give credit where it's due.
      07-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #39
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkM3 View Post
i respectfully disagree, miami is not a place big free agents really look to. take a step back and lok at your roster, you have an overpaid bosh, a crippled wade, a terrible point guard, a crappy coach (lets be honest, lebron made spo look good). after seeing how miami fans treat their team by showing up late and leaving early to every game i dont see any big name going there.if granger can go back to indiana form and stay healthy than you might have something but nowhere near championship caliber. also, i see cleveland competing for a title very soon because of how weak the east is.
We can agree to disagree then: (1) State with no income tax; (2) South Beach and a great metropolitan lifestyle for the young and rich; (3) classy organization and owner/GM who care about their players and winning. Actually a great landing spot for NBA free agents, much better than many other cities. Shaq and Lebron had no issues with going to Miami

This year will be telling if Spo is an average-great coach; we will see.

On the current players, you are right, they are not currently a championship caliber team, but they are a mid-level playoff team in the weak East. You can't quickly rebuild the team after Lebron left them with nothing in return, but within a few years they have flexibility and options to elevate themselves back into the championship discussion.

AA Pulley, Air Filter and Tune - Full Evolve Valvetronic Exhaust - 380/355 Stoptech BBK, BBS FI's and other fun stuff.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #40
rsr552
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Well Riley has faith in Spo....but we shall see next year.

I can't wait to see the first Cavs vs Heat game next year
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #41
Efini
Silent Service
Rep
Drives: BMW

i think boozer was a good pickup. we will take what we can get at this point, he might even play some for us too.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #42
bkM3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efini View Post
i think boozer was a good pickup. we will take what we can get at this point, he might even play some for us too.
he was annoying and overpaid but i do not think he is a bad basketball player. just gets a bad rep bc of his contract.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #43
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think you're a cool dude from what I have read. But not sure if your Rockets fanboyism is or has taken over or you are just a hater...

Directly from a local Houston Rockets blog forum:

http://houseofhouston.com/2014/07/10...-max-contract/

Oh here's more:

http://nbatitlechase.com/blog/2014/0...-max-contract/
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ion-in-dallas/

There is no shame in offering the "Greatest 7 footer shooter in the history of the NBA" and 1st rd HOF power forward a MAX salary bro. If ANYONE deserves it, he does.
pfffft - stop reading up on titles of rumors and start understanding the dynamics behind the scene....

Daryl did that as a troll move - ain't nobody gonna offer an aging and numbers dropping 36 year old Dirk a MAX CONTRACT

even in your second article it CLEARLY states: The Houston Rockets also offered Nowitzki a max deal but knew he wasn’t going to leave Dallas for Houston.

I'd be happy to get a 27 or 28 year old Dirk, when he was the deadliest shooter in the NBA, but he's junk now...

he can't even get ya'll to the playoffs - of course he's gonna take a salary cut so Cuban can go out there and get some players that aren't walking in on crutches HAHAHA !!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 03:51 PM   #44
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Gotta love the delayed response...

The ONLY reason Dirk ain't in Houston or LA is because HE decided to stay in Dallas... Period!

So you insist on going there huh?

The Houston Rockets have been outplayed for years by the Mavs! I've lost count how many times we've either knocked you out of the playoffs or squashed your season.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way...

Houston ain't going nowhere anytime soon besides first round of the playoffs. Losing: Parsons, Asik and Lin damn sure didn't help!

Back to Dirk... His numbers actually improved last year over his previous couple! Dude has plenty left in the tank. You and the Rockets will experience this first hand. And Parsons who has publicly expressed disgust at rockets for letting him walk over $$ will be lighting them up as well.
It's gonna be entertaining this season. Looking forward to the discussion and pwnage! hahahaha!!!

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 07-21-2014 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 0