F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Porsche GT2 RS
GetBMWParts

12-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #23
///Mikey F80
Aspiring Hoonigan...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M3 [MW|CB]

Garage List
I have been blessed (and yes, I do consider that ) to have had the living shit scared out of me in a GT2 RS belonging to a friend of my family. I've also been blessed with a ride in a Veyron Grand Sport, a UR Stage 2 TT Gallardo Superleggera on race gas, and 430 Scuderia, and, out of all of those cars, the GT2 RS excited (scared) me the absolute most. No question. I think the fact that in the back of my head, which was pinned to the seat , I was thinking "THIS is a STOCK, PRODUCTION CAR?!?!?!!!!" added to the wow factor. It's such an amazing vehicle. With the 991 Turbo S with PDK putting down repeatable near-Veyron acceleration figures right now, I can't even imagine what the future 991 GT2 RS would do. Our friend's GT2 RS license plate is "CNT BLNK", and it's appropriate

///Mikey

"It's a yobbo, yobbo, yobbo... But we like that in an M3 don't we?"
-Chris Harris
Appreciate 1
      12-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #24
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

I doubt that Porsche will be making another GT2. I think it was actually them that said that much torque and hp to the rear wheels is a bad thing.
It is a dangerous car for most unless they're experienced track drivers.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #25
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaynardZed View Post
I'm now realizing, in hindsight, "Stephon's" girlfriend was driving a GT3 RS. It was white with the gray double stripes. She was very nice, hot, and spoke with an Australian accent.
As if we needed more proof that being super rich is awesome
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 04:04 PM   #26
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmobrien View Post
You work for Porsche and don't have a single P car in your garage list? I call schannegans...
in fairness, at the past p car event i went to, one of the porsche instructors was asked what kind of porsche he had and he laughed saying "you think i can afford one, i drive a vw"

not saying anyone that works for porsche is not paid well but rather, just because someone works or does business with porsche it doesn't mean they have to own one.