F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > I honestly hate cops
proTUNING Freaks

09-02-2014, 12:43 AM   #67
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
that's all I need to read to understand that you may need to stay off the road for a little while...

in this situation "little while" pretty much means forever....
Really?
If somebody gets two tickets in a month, that means that he/she is automatically a problem?
You lack a lot of logic and obviously you always buy what the mass media perception pulls in front of you...

Next time, when you will get two tickets in a month, stay home maybe forever, we don't need ad-hoc judges like you.

PS
I think that the OP did some mistakes but I also believe that the officer was a jerk too; when you pass you speed up, obviously, you need to do this maneuvre in safety.
My last ticket was given to me for speeding done by the car on the lane beside me, but the officer stopped me since I was in the lane convenient for him. In the Court day, he wanted to "make a deal" with me, which obviously I refused. I was disgusted to my bones and I told him in the face that he has no character nor integrity. This miserable individual with a badge, lied after that in court with his hand on the Bible. What he didn't know is that I am not a stranger to Court procedures, my case was solid.
Many cases I see, they lie in court.
I don't care if they are good guys in the bar or as your buddies, they should be respectful, correct and honest and if they can't deal with people behaviour, they should leave the force and find a job suitable for them. It takes a strong character to keep the verticality and be able to handle every situation properly. Many individuals are cops, but only few deserve a badge.

Your badge will never earn my respect. Your attitude will.

Last edited by Teutonic; 09-02-2014 at 01:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 01:34 AM   #68
Devant
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11 M3

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #69
els_86
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi

Did I act childish with the statements I made? Yes. However, I didn't appreciate the cop talking down to me and giving me a lecture so my anger just came out a little.

This cop was lecturing me and talking down to me like I did something terribly wrong. I was driving to a tennis tournament I was playing in, early in the morning not bothering anyone. I simply passed someone not going much over the limit and I get pulled over and get a lecture from this condescending cop. He was very condescending and it wasn't necessary. This is my third ticket in 10 years, and all of them were no points tickets. The first two I owned up to them, but this one was honestly bullshit and the cop was an asshole.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #70
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Op,

Gee I never seen the PSP on the turnpike give someone a roadside discount like you got. Consider yourself lucky that is for sure.

You are correct he did not clock you if in fact he was driving at the time since PA radar can not operating in moving mode. This is why he gave you a 3111 ticket verse a speeding ticket and those tickets are hard to beat in court. If he wrote you up for speeding it would have been an easy win in court, but then again, you admit to 80 so that would have been enough to convict you in court if you chose to fight the ticket.

Personally, I had my fair share of run ins with the PSP, and Out of all the officers I ever encountered they are usually the most professional of the bunch. I have to say he ripped on you because you gave attitude and then gave him grief about his gift to you since there are plenty of other things he could have written you up for.

I willing to bet you were doing more than speeding since I personally have pass the PSP on the turnpike and never got a second look from them since they legally have to give you 6 over before they can issue a ticket and usually the give you 12 to 15 over before they give you a second look.

Last edited by Maestro; 09-03-2014 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #71
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

If I had a dollar for every asshole that pulled me over for driving over the speed limit.

I feel for you OP. Cops are all monsters and out to get us!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #72
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Ego is a terrible thing.

Everyone has one OP, you aren't more important than others, in fact, you'd do well to consider yourself as less important in every case. That way you'd be able to not react the way you did.

So he talked down to you, so what. Keep quiet, be polite, take the ticket, and fight it if you want. Let him get his later on if he's powertripping, because he'll do it one day to the wrong person and they'll kick him down a rung or two.

But when you come on here with that kind of post, it just makes me immediately think rich / over-privileged kid who has a giant ego and thinks he is at least everyone's equal, if not better than them. Doesn't help your case...you have to be calm.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 05:29 PM   #73
els_86
First Lieutenant
Rep

Bottom line is I just wasn't in the mood to have that piece of shit talk down and condescending to me so I said what I said. This cop was honestly the biggest tool I have ever met. He kind of reminded me of a super trooper cop.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #74
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by els_86 View Post
Bottom line is I just wasn't in the mood to have that piece of shit talk down and condescending to me so I said what I said. This cop was honestly the biggest tool I have ever met. He kind of reminded me of a super trooper cop.
Just because he upset you doesn't mean you can start running your mouth. Eventually you'll learn that sometimes you just need to shut up and take it on the chin.
Have you ever heard the saying "sometimes less is more"? This is one of those times.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #75
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
This cop was honestly the biggest tool I have ever met..
He probably said the same thing about you
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 07:18 PM   #76
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Are we up to 4 pages of discussion about someone who was on their way to a tennis tournament, bothering no one, and got a ticket? And the police officer was less than respectful? I personally think we need to start a Whitehouse.gov petition about this. OP - do you have any sort of "victim" status we can leverage? Does anyone have a friend or contact at the ACLU? Or even a Community Organizer? This shit needs publicity!
      09-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #77
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Did I act childish with the statements I made? Yes. However, I didn't appreciate the cop talking down to me and giving me a lecture so my anger just came out a little.

This cop was lecturing me and talking down to me like I did something terribly wrong. I was driving to a tennis tournament I was playing in, early in the morning not bothering anyone. I simply passed someone not going much over the limit and I get pulled over and get a lecture from this condescending cop. He was very condescending and it wasn't necessary. This is my third ticket in 10 years, and all of them were no points tickets. The first two I owned up to them, but this one was honestly bullshit and the cop was an asshole.
You're right, it was BS. It should have been a speeding ticket.

Maybe he was an asshole, but you started it. Funny how you can be an asshole but the cop can't react to you in the same manner. Seems you've got a little growing up to do.

How did you do in the tournament?
      09-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #78
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Just because he upset you doesn't mean you can start running your mouth. Eventually you'll learn that sometimes you just need to shut up and take it on the chin.
Have you ever heard the saying "sometimes less is more"? This is one of those times.
Cop gave him nothing on the chin. He gave him the gift of a no points citation.

I just don't get it. If i were busted going at least 10mph over the limit (still don't know what the limit was where OP was pulled over) and the cop gave me a no point ticket so i could just pay a fine, not have to go to traffic school, not have to hire a traffic lawyer, etc... i would be VERY appreciative to that cop.

I would NOT act like a spoiled, entitled, little girl.

Laws are laws and as soon as we see a cop enforcing them in a subjective manner, we're all going to be up in arms about it; unless of course it was him deciding not to give you a traffic citation after being busted for breaking the law.
      09-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #79
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Cop gave him nothing on the chin. He gave him the gift of a no points citation.

I just don't get it. If i were busted going at least 10mph over the limit (still don't know what the limit was where OP was pulled over) and the cop gave me a no point ticket so i could just pay a fine, not have to go to traffic school, not have to hire a traffic lawyer, etc... i would be VERY appreciative to that cop.

I would NOT act like a spoiled, entitled, little girl.

Laws are laws and as soon as we see a cop enforcing them in a subjective manner, we're all going to be up in arms about it; unless of course it was him deciding not to give you a traffic citation after being busted for breaking the law.

My comment about "taking it on the chin" was a reference to the OP's interpretation of the officers attitude.
I agree that, all things considered, this kid probably got let off early
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:48 PM   #80
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Time to close this thread. It bores me.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #81
Devant
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11 M3

So to sum up:
  • Cops lie
  • OP is possibly a tool or entitled little girl

///thread
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:52 PM   #82
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Next!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 09:01 PM   #83
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
My comment about "taking it on the chin" was a reference to the OP's interpretation of the officers attitude.
I agree that, all things considered, this kid probably got let off early
I assumed that's what you meant. I figured you knew how easy he got out of that.
      09-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #84
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

In case it isn't obvious yet OP, the cop did you a big favor by giving you a no points ticket after you admitted guilt to speeding.

With the kind of posts you are typing, best of luck to you if you ever run into a cop who really wants to throw the book at you
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 10:44 PM   #85
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Lol you haven't met enough cops then. I use to get harassed by the rcmp on a weekly basis when I was a teen. The reason you sound young and entitled is because you seem to have never met a cop before. Mind telling us your age?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 10:57 PM   #86
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

As ridiculous as I think speed laws are, especially on the interstates, you can never fault an officer for doing his/her job. I've found that if you're respectful and honest regarding your violation, you will make things A LOT better for yourself. Case in point, about a year ago I got nailed doing 118mph in a 60mph zone at 3AM in the morning. There was absolutely zero traffic on the road, nowhere to be found, so I opened up my 135i COBB Stage 2+ for just a few seconds while I was cruising at around 80mph. In no quicker than those couple seconds, I saw bright red and blue lights about 1/8 mile ahead of me. The officer had pulled off into the grass of the Highway, behind some bushes. He left himself just enough clearance to be able to shoot the laser. I slammed on the brakes, and pulled in behind him so that he wouldn't even have to get into his car.

Long story short, I defused an absolutely furious officer with honesty and apologies. When he asked me how fast I was going, I told him around 120mph, and that it was entirely intentional as I wanted to see how quick my car could climb through the gears due to being no traffic around. I went from being told I was arrested/wreckless endangerment/car impounded, to being let off with a ticket doing 99mph in a 60mph zone. I was even able to get out of going to court (as there was no way in hell I wanted to go before a judge even with that mph over), and got it all to go away for $775.

Needless to say, this scared the outright hell out of me, and I haven't gone 10mph over the speed limit anywhere since. What I did was insanely stupid, even with no traffic or people around, and to get off as lucky as I did was a serious wake up call. I hadn't had a speeding ticket before this one in over 10 years, and the officer basically told me the only reason he went as lenient as he did was due to my spotless driving record.

Morale of the story, understand officers are only doing their jobs and enforcing the law. You're only going to make things worse for yourself if you cop an attitude or lie to them. These folks have heard every story before, and you're only going to come off as a complete shit human being if you lie to them.

Oh, and other morale of the story, don't do 58mph over the posted speed limit. Good grief.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 07:40 AM   #87
els_86
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
You're right, it was BS. It should have been a speeding ticket.

Maybe he was an asshole, but you started it. Funny how you can be an asshole but the cop can't react to you in the same manner. Seems you've got a little growing up to do.

How did you do in the tournament?
Semi finals lol, so not bad. I am 28 by the way. Ok its over, I acted immature, cop was an asshole, etc etc etc. Close thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 07:55 AM   #88
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Semi finals lol, so not bad. I am 28 by the way. Ok its over, I acted immature, cop was doing his job, etc etc etc. Close thread.
There we go.
Appreciate 0