BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #23
killershark
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: still nothing (for now)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: toronto

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Simply put: people who tailgate, especially when you're on a scenic drive.
Also people who tailgate you on the right lane when the left lane is completely open for passing.
killershark is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #24
tony20009
Brigadier General
 
tony20009's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 4,509
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killershark View Post
Simply put: people who tailgate, especially when you're on a scenic drive.
Also people who tailgate you on the right lane when the left lane is completely open for passing.
You pretty much have to wonder why someone is tailgating you in any lane when there is an empty, adjacent lane to which they can move.

I can pardon the brief tailgater who for whatever reason pulls in close behind me only to hop off the road at an upcoming exit that is very close. I have done that on occasion...sometimes b/c of poor planning, sometimes b/c I wasn't paying attention, sometimes because I didn't have another opportunity sooner, and probably some other reasons as well.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #25
Never Convicted
Captain
 
Drives: 2010 M3 E92
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte NC

Posts: 682
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwrong View Post
Prius drivers....
For me, it's Minivans. Every Prius I see wants to race, which i find really funny, seeing as how they're saving the planet and all. It always makes me think about the Top Gear fuel economy test between the Prius and the M3.
Never Convicted is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #26
Devious21
Lieutenant
 
Devious21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 577
iTrader: (1)

This is one of the things that pisses me off almost every morning.



You can completely ignore the bike as it's not relevant. The problem with making a right turn in the city takes a stupid long time because you have to wait for pedestrians, which means you'll be making your right turn just as the light is turning red (or after).

It's aholes that don't merge into the curb lane to allow traffic to pass. They happily sit in the right lane and because they are forced to wait to turn, they now force EVERYONE to wait. Since they won't be able to turn until the light is red, everyone basically has to sit there until the next light.

In reality, as soon as some ahole starts to do this, everyone attempts to merge or "half-merge" into the lane to their left, cutting other people off and just making the whole thing a big dangerous clusterfk.
__________________

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Devious21 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #27
tony20009
Brigadier General
 
tony20009's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 4,509
iTrader: (0)

I understand your point, but some state driving rules permit left or right turns into any of the available lanes in the desired direction of travel.

My issue with folks turning, left in particular, is that they veer more so than turn. In my mind, a turn more nearly resembles a right angle than it does an arc. Many folks perform their left turns as thought they were navigating a sweeping curve in the road on the interstate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
This is one of the things that pisses me off almost every morning.



You can completely ignore the bike as it's not relevant. The problem with making a right turn in the city takes a stupid long time because you have to wait for pedestrians, which means you'll be making your right turn just as the light is turning red (or after).

It's aholes that don't merge into the curb lane to allow traffic to pass. They happily sit in the right lane and because they are forced to wait to turn, they now force EVERYONE to wait. Since they won't be able to turn until the light is red, everyone basically has to sit there until the next light.

In reality, as soon as some ahole starts to do this, everyone attempts to merge or "half-merge" into the lane to their left, cutting other people off and just making the whole thing a big dangerous clusterfk.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #28
Devious21
Lieutenant
 
Devious21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 577
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I understand your point, but some state driving rules permit left or right turns into any of the available lanes in the desired direction of travel.

My issue with folks turning, left in particular, is that they veer more so than turn. In my mind, a turn more nearly resembles a right angle than it does an arc. Many folks perform their left turns as thought they were navigating a sweeping curve in the road on the interstate.
It has nothing to do with which lane you'll entering when you turn. It has to do with which lane you're leaving from. You should be making your right turn from the curb lane.

Turning from the wrong lane isn't just obnoxious, it's illegal and dangerous.
__________________

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Devious21 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #29
tony20009
Brigadier General
 
tony20009's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 4,509
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
It has nothing to do with which lane you'll entering when you turn. It has to do with which lane you're leaving from. You should be making your right turn from the curb lane.

Turning from the wrong lane isn't just obnoxious, it's illegal and dangerous.
You are right. My mistake. I wasn't playing attention.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #30
achien
AC
 
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 2,378
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009
So, I know there's no shortage of folks here who are just dying to rant and rave, so here's your thread for it.

It just irritates me when other drivers:
  • On the highway, pull out of the right lane because they are going 2.5 mph faster than the guy in front of them, who was going at exactly the speed limit, and take the next 15 minutes to pass the SOB. Such folks seem only to need to do that when they can see me approaching from behind and know damn well I'm going to be past them in 20 seconds.
  • Won't signal a turn until they have to stop at the light and there's no dedicated left or right turn signal. So now, there's a line of folks stuck behind them while they wait for traffic (left turns) or pedestrians (right turns).
  • Move in front of me (or someone else) in rush hour traffic, without increasing their speed, when it's clear I was going faster than they to begin with, and then step on the brake.
  • Double park/stand and leave nobody behind the wheel.
  • An emergency services vehicle clearly having no patient in the back is driving slower than I am.
  • Someone parallel parks so that what would have been two spaces can only be used by one. It doesn't bother me at all when folks do that in shopping center lots because, aside from Christmastime, there're always more than enough parking spaces.
Drives on the left or middle lane but not passing any cars.
__________________
Your Supreme Leader
achien is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #31
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
 
Colt's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (0)

When there's a two lane highway and two people are driving the same exact speed next to each other. Why the FAWK did you get over in the fast lane just to drive the same exact speed as the person that was originally in front of you?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned
Colt is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #32
Alpha_Zulu
Private First Class
 
Alpha_Zulu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Z4 35is, Alpine White
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miami, Florida

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Let's see here..... in no particular order these piss me off to the point that I wish these driver's parents had medical plans that included abortion...
  • In South Florida we have Express lanes which you have to pay a toll to get onto. The express lanes are also coned off, once you get on the express lane you can't get off for about 10 miles. There are IDIOTS that get onto the express lanes and drive SLOWER than traffic that isn't in the express lane. What really grinds my gears are people who get into the express lanes at 2AM and still manage to drive slower than everyone else
  • Express lanes are two lanes; two IDIOTS driving the EXACT same speed next to each other
  • Retards that slow down to pay for a toll at a toll plaza THAT DOESN'T ACCEPT CASH. READ THE DAMN SIGN IT SAYS "DO NO STOP TO PAY TOLL" (there are toll plazas in Florida that simply take a picture of your plate as you drive through them)
  • Idiots that wait until the LAST POSSIBLE second to change lanes at the toll plaza, usually these assholes cut across 6 lanes from the far left all the way to the far right
  • Jerkwads that slow down for NO REASON while on the high way and there is about 5000 feet of empty highway in front of them
  • Dumbasses that drive in the rain with their hazards on and change lanes a lot; you can't tell when they're braking or which lane their making a lane change into
  • Dumbasses that ride your ass, when there is a convoy of traffic. You're not going anywhere quick buddy, just chill...
  • People who drive while fucking with their smartphone/texting. These people can be pointed out easily because they're not paying attention; they slow down...start swerving into the next lane without realizing it.
  • Women who are talking on the phone and putting on makeup while on a major highway going 70MPH
  • Again idiots playing with their smartphones while driving and not paying attention.
  • Morons who cannot resist the urge to slow down and look at the blinking lights of an emergency vehicle when the emergency vehicle IS NOT BLOCKING ANY LANES on the highway.
Alpha_Zulu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #33
tony20009
Brigadier General
 
tony20009's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 4,509
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Zulu View Post
Let's see here..... in no particular order these piss me off to the point that I wish these driver's parents had medical plans that included abortion...
I think it's too late for abortion, but forced sterilization may work on both the parents and their offspring to at least prevent the spread of those genes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Zulu View Post
  • What really grinds my gears are people who get into the express lanes at 2AM and still manage to drive slower than everyone else
Is there really that much traffic at 2 a.m. that anyone needs to use the express lane? Sitting here, I can't imagine there is, so I'd only be ticked with these folks until I realized I couldn't have made the smartest move in the world by getting in the express lane at that hour of the morning.....perhaps there are other factors in play that aren't obvious to me. That said, I'd still be frustrated were I there behind them and going slower than the regular lanes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Zulu View Post
  • ...Morons who cannot resist the urge to slow down and look at the blinking lights of an emergency vehicle when the emergency vehicle IS NOT BLOCKING ANY LANES on the highway.
+1000 Rubbernecker: a person whose life is so boring that staring at an accident along their travel route is more appealing to them than arriving sooner at their destination and doing the thing they deliberately are seeking to do.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #34
Alpha_Zulu
Private First Class
 
Alpha_Zulu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Z4 35is, Alpine White
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miami, Florida

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I think it's too late for abortion, but forced sterilization may work on both the parents and their offspring to at least prevent the spread of those genes.
I wish they had been aborted, so I wouldn't have to deal with their stupidity on the freeway.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
+1000 Rubbernecker: a person whose life is so boring that staring at an accident along their travel route is more appealing to them than arriving sooner at their destination and doing the thing they deliberately are seeking to do.
Sometimes it's not even an emergency vehicle, it may be another driver who just happened to have a blow out or car trouble. STOP THE PRESSES! Everyone needs to slowdown and look at this person who's stranded on the side of the road until help arrives.
Alpha_Zulu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #35
Dalecan
Second Lieutenant
 
Dalecan's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4mcoupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: WA state

Posts: 219
iTrader: (3)

Comfort breakers; those that insist on braking every few minutes for no reason.
Dalecan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #36
SAM135iAM
First Lieutenant
 
SAM135iAM's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' 135i DCT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas Texas

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

"LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING ONLY YOU STUPID COCK LICK TOE JAM BUTT FUCK"

Seems to come out of my mouth a lot while driving.
SAM135iAM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #37
tony20009
Brigadier General
 
tony20009's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 4,509
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Zulu View Post
...Sometimes it's not even an emergency vehicle, it may be another driver who just happened to have a blow out or car trouble. STOP THE PRESSES! Everyone needs to slowdown and look at this person who's stranded on the side of the road until help arrives.

Well, if there is no emergency vehicle on the scene, slowing down probably isn't the worst thing in the world. One never knows....the person on the side of the road could well drop something and lean back too far to recover it, resulting in disaster. Or they might lose hold of the tire they are installing/removing and it could roll into the path of oncoming traffic. Though that such a tragedy would occur is far from guaranteed, what is anguish, headaches, remorse, shock, expense etc. that would result if it did...all because one didn't just slow down for a few moments.

In contrast, emergency personnel are more likely to establish a perimeter inside of which they can move freely and oncoming traffic needn't slow down nearly so much.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #38
tony20009
Brigadier General
 
tony20009's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 4,509
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM135iAM View Post
"LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING ONLY YOU STUPID COCK LICK TOE JAM BUTT FUCK"

Seems to come out of my mouth a lot while driving.
Except for the "cock lick" part, I might say that too. I, however, like having mine licked. Regardless of whether one prefers men or women doing it, the value of finding someone good at that skill cannot in any way, shape or form be overrated.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #39
Freon
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indianapolis

Posts: 860
iTrader: (2)

People who ride my ass while I'm passing in the left lane in moderate traffic on the highway, and when I get over to the right lane and click down 2-3mph on cruise so they can pass, suddenly they won't pass at more than +1mph of my speed. WTF is with that?

Of course, then I'm stuck behind an 18 wheeler while piles of people pass on the left with no opening cause that jerkwad is too afraid to be the fastest car on the road.
__________________
2009 BMW 135i 6MT Sport, AFE intake, Cobb AP, Apex 18x8.5+9.5, 255/275 PSS
Freon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #40
kiloil
Second Lieutenant
 
kiloil's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 285
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwrong View Post
Prius drivers....
Prius drivers are #1. Second is mini van drivers, 3rd are diesel trucks, 4th are young females talking on the phone.
__________________
Fair Tax Supporter.
2009 E92 M3 MT (Gone)
2011 4 Runner Limited 4WD (Gone)
2013 E92 M3 MT (Gone)
2015 M4
kiloil is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #41
immx
Private First Class
 
Drives: 520d SE LCI
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Essex, UK

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM135iAM View Post
"LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING ONLY YOU STUPID COCK LICK TOE JAM BUTT FUCK"

Seems to come out of my mouth a lot while driving.
except right hand lane over here!
immx is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #42
funkle
Private First Class
 
Drives: '06 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SF CA

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

-People who double park right in the middle of the lane blocking all traffic when they could easily have double parked closer to the right so that cars could still pass.

-When someone swerves into the inner lane in a multi lane turn. There are a bunch of these double turns here is SF, and 90% of the time these idiots cannot make the turn without crossing the solid white into my lane. Sometimes I wish I could just crash into the side of their car.
funkle is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #43
funkle
Private First Class
 
Drives: '06 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SF CA

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
You can completely ignore the bike as it's not relevant. The problem with making a right turn in the city takes a stupid long time because you have to wait for pedestrians, which means you'll be making your right turn just as the light is turning red (or after).
Is your comment by any chance in reference to trying to get across Mission St anywhere between 24th & 16th I'll go pretty far out of my way so I don't need to cross that street.
funkle is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #44
Devious21
Lieutenant
 
Devious21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 577
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkle View Post
Is your comment by any chance in reference to trying to get across Mission St anywhere between 24th & 16th I'll go pretty far out of my way so I don't need to cross that street.
Haha. No, it's not. I'm sure it pisses people off all over the city though.
__________________

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Devious21 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST