BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Lux Angel Eyes

09-23-2013, 04:28 AM   #155
Bicax
Private First Class

Drives: 2010 BMW 335d (E91)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Allow me please to disagree with you and with the other guy in this matter.

Yes some kids are starving but what that has to do with other people?
Take a deep breath and calm down

You totally misunderstood me. Please re-read my post, because according to what you're writing you're in total agreement with me.

I wrote quite clearly that it's his car, and IMO he can do whatever he wants with it (it's in the part that you forgot to quote...).

I only listed those things with a huge pint of sarcasm to point out how absurd that other guy's comment was, in particular in a forum related to car passion. I personally hate it when someone brings the "starving kids" argument into any discussion, be it cars or anything else. In my opinion, most often than not saying that "kids are starving so you shouldn't do that" is the same as saying "I can't have what you have even though I want it, so I don't want you to have it either".

I just think you're over sensitive regarding this subject. There is no need to justify yourself like that.

However, with that being said, there is no doubt that we live in a consumer's society, where we buy and spend needlessly. But this really isn't the place for that type of debate, we're here to write/read about our passion.

Me, for one, I love driving and tracking my cars, and I couldn't care less what other people think of that.
      09-23-2013, 06:21 AM   #156
SCOTT26
Brigadier General

Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
If that is true it is a sad day that BMW will not take care of a customer. The man spent a lot of money on that car brand new. He could have been a repeat customer.

It is sad anytime a business treats its customers so poorly. A good practice is to always make customer feel special and take care of them. It earns you repeat business.

I hope BMW takes care of this mans issues. It is bringing them lots of negative press.
It's not. BMW offered to compensate for replacement parts but the customer ignored them.

The result is what nearly everybody complains on a forum about, even though they have been offered solutions which the customer either rejects? Or does not even bother to get back to their supplier and then take to discuss it publicly on a forum because they have had the hard bargain and the dealer and company has washed their hands of it. A good majority of these are self- inflicted when they resort to discussing their story publicly.

I have had some enquiries here which collate to the above.
      09-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #157
Tracus
Lieutenant

Drives: BMW

I know few stories that are a little bit different Scott.
Also, BMW can reimburse the money, but the time lost, the stress, and the permanent hassle, who will pay for all that?
Nonetheless, a car at that price should not see the Service Bay except for regular maintenance.
      09-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #158
GB-335xiCoupe
Libertarian

Drives: his wife crazy.

Wimpy demonstration. If he was serious, he would have had a helicopter lift it over to BMW HQ and drop it on top of the CEO's car in the parking lot!

THAT would have sent a message!

Fail(s): tstat housing (also water pump) July 2014 @89k http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...57&postcount=9
GB-335xiCoupe is offline   United_States
      09-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #159
GB-335xiCoupe
Libertarian

Drives: his wife crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teen335 View Post
I understand his frustration. BMW has been failing their customers these past few months. I've been waiting for the past 2 and a half months for a fan to arrive from Germany. I haven't driven or seen my 335 since July
Unbelievable. I have never been treated like that by any car dealership, any brand, ever. I just bought my BMW (used) a month and a half ago, and I'm already scared of the maintenance ahead of me. My first sched service appt is 9/30. I cannot work/live without my car, so they sure better be quick!

Fail(s): tstat housing (also water pump) July 2014 @89k http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...57&postcount=9
GB-335xiCoupe is offline   United_States
      09-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #160
SCOTT26
Brigadier General

Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
I know few stories that are a little bit different Scott.
Also, BMW can reimburse the money, but the time lost, the stress, and the permanent hassle, who will pay for all that?
Nonetheless, a car at that price should not see the Service Bay except for regular maintenance.
I am not denying that every single car is perfect. But this outcome was very much different than originally reported , and it was specifically this event which I was referring to.

I should point out that two owners approached me here and it was almost the same situation, BMW responded , they did not.
There is only so much that can be done but the customer must be willing to participate in the solution.
      09-25-2013, 03:00 AM   #161
SammyP
Registered

Drives: BMW 320si

Some people clearly have more money than sense....